HI, does anyone have any old-time, hands-on advice, for adjusting the hood hinges? I have a factory manual, but it hasn't helped. My problem is: when I open the hood on the driver's side, and set it on the prop rod, when it's weight begins to rest solidly on the prop, it bends/sags/twists just enough, that the rear latch on the passenger side turns it loose. It looks like the latch on the rear hinge is not engaging the hood latch plate for enough of it's length and when the hood bends slightly as it sits on the prop rod, the latch loses its grip and the latch plate on the hood slips out of the grip of the hinge latch; the latch itself it doesn't come unlatched or move, it just doesn't have enough length engaged to keep its grip on the hood. I don't see any adjustment to move the hinge-latch forward and back. Also, I have owned this car since 1973, and it worked perfectly for years and the hinges aren't rusty, etc. i did replace the latch release cable a couple of years ago; the old one broke. but I did not change any of the adjustments, and it was already having this problem before the cable broke.
Thanks for any advice,
Randy