Thread: Front grill

BuickShawn Guest

Front grill

Is there a difference between a 53 and 54 front grill bar? Is the roadmaster grill the same as the special grill? Thanks for your help. I am looking to buy one for my brother for Christmas and found a couple on good ole E-bay.

I registered this for him as well. Great site guys.

I would suggest almost certainly they are different. It would be good if you posted exactly what your brother has, like, a 1953 series 40.

Grills are things that change yearly, even when fenders and doors etc. didn't.
    If you would llike to place an image of your car in your signature, click here for instructions
    WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

BuickShawn Guest
    I know it is a 53, and I am mostly sure that it is a special. Beyond that I don't know. It has the straight eight. From what I've seen the 53 & 54 might share the same grill bar (or mustache) I,ve been told that the roadmaster bar may be longer.
    I am trying to get his grill bar measured, but has proven to be difficult to do without spoiling the surprize.

The grill bar you are talking about is refered to as the "Frame, Inner".

The '53 series 40 uses part number 1345990
    The '53 series 50 and 70 uses 1346801
    In '54 they all use 1162518

In '53 the 40 uses different "Frame, Outer" pieces than the 50 and 70
    This also hold true for '54
    If you would llike to place an image of your car in your signature, click here for instructions
    WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Question re: Grille

Hey Guys

I'm pretty sure that the "C" Body Super/Roadmaster is wider than the "B" Body Special/Century.

Super/Roadmasters are about 4 inches wider and 10 inches longer than Special/Centurys. W/Base is 127" compaired to 122'

Regards,

Tom Gallagher
    Thanking YOU, for YOUR Valued Cooperation and Experience in This Matter.

NOSTALGIA Is A DEVICE That REMOVES The RUTS and POTHOLES From MEMORY LANE.
    Tom Gallagher (BUICK BANSHEE)
    1956 Buick Special 2 Door H/Top 46R: Red & White
    Darlington Station, RI. 02861

BuickShawn Guest
    Thanks for the info all! I guess the 54 doesn't say Buick on it either. I'll have to keep looking for one I guess.

Thanks again,
    Thom