Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dealing with images on the board

Dealing with images on the board

There are several ways you can deal with an image in your posting.

1. If you want to show of your ride with several images, the best idea is to upload them to the "Garage". This way they will be seen by people browsing the area like a Garage. They will also be presented in various places on the site on a random basis.

To place a link to the image:
    1. bring up the image in a window
    2. highlight the code in the upper code window
    3. copy the url control/c
    4. then paste the url into your message control/v.

You will have a click-able thumbnail of the image in your posting. Using this method, your images will not get lost on the web board as your posting gets old. The image above was also centered using the icon from the toolbar.

2. If you have a set of images hosted somewhere on the net, like a home gallery, you copy and paste the url like described in 1.

3. You can go to the window below the WYSIWYG editor (the place you type your messages) and you will find a "Additional Otions" window. You can "attach files". While this one will be useful, and probably the most popular, I think the first option is the better one overall.

FILE SIZES

When you register on the board, you are given an attachment file cache of 250K. This is enough to upload 5 good images. If you upload large images, you will exceed you allotment. You can edit or delete attachments you have uploaded from your "Settings".

"Team Members" get unlimited upload privileges. To be one, CLICK HERE!

UPLOAD CONSIDERATIONS

When you are looking at an image/attachment to upload, consider it file size and whether you can resize or compress the image. Most images can display fine at about 5 inches or 350 pixels. If you have an email or save for the web option, use it!
    Last edited by Bob; 04-16-2011 at 07:40 AM.
    If you would llike to place an image of your car in your signature, click here for instructions
    WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Thumbs up web site

BOB___are you there ??? Just after I sent you a e-mail it appears that maybe the site has let me reply???? Still have a lot of red X`s everywhere---the big thing did I get thru???????????

51 Sled Guest
    I had same prob....
    drop yer firewall & privacy control = no prob

Bebop,

Good to see you made it! Sounds like 51 Sled has a good possible solution.

If you would llike to place an image of your car in your signature, click here for instructions
    WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

I've tried to post some pics with an ad to no avail.I'm using Photo bucket as my picture host.Can you tell me how to get them to work?I've tried IMG,HTML and direct link versions and they won't show up.
    Hector
    '79 Buick Limited 2dr 350-4
    '69 Electra 225 2dr 430-4

I am not sure what problem you are experiencing...

Probably the best way for me to have a look at it is for you to send me a link to the ad, and the pictures. You can do that here, or you can PM me by clicking on my "handle".

I've tried to post some pics with an ad to no avail.I'm using Photo bucket as my picture host.Can you tell me how to get them to work?

Hectic
    i'm not sure what the problem could be. all the pictures that i have on this web site are hosted on PhotoBucket. see the transmission bell thread and see if you can pick anything out:
    http://www.teambuick.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9781

you've tried using the "Insert Image" button above the posting area? that's what i've been doing:
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

Testing.

Well,I managed to post it here using the Ctrl/v but I still don't see how to do it on the ad,since I don't see the insert image icon there.
    Last edited by Hectic; 10-07-2007 at 04:36 AM.
    Hector

Hectic
    it appears to me that the Classifieds section requires you to upload the pics from your local hard drive. if you aren't familiar with how to navigate around your hard drive this can be a pain in the tookus.

i recommend simplifying the directory path to your pic(s) ( normal windows practice is to nest your picture directory 5 or more levels below the root directory of your hard drive, which can make it quite difficult to remember the exact path when you're trying to browse back to it ) as much as possible. i'll assume you're using some version of windoze.

1. open "My Computer", this should be an icon on your desktop or a click line on your Start button menu

2. double click on / open "Local Disk C:"

3. click on the "File" pull down menu in the upper left. draw the mouse down to the "New" line and a secondary menu will pop up to the right. click on "Folder".

4. a new directory folder icon will appear at the bottom of your C:\ directory and your cursor will be inside the area for that folders name. it will have a default name of "New Folder". i suggest typing in "Pics" for simplicities sake.

5. open whatever program you're using to manage your pictures ( Windows Picture Viewer or Kodak Easyshare or what have you

6. open each picture that you would like to post and "Save As" to your C:\Pics directory. it would be helpful at this time if you "Save As" a descriptive title as well as changing location. default naming conventions of digital cameras and scanners tend to be jumbles of random characters.

7. close your picture program

8. go to the Team Buick classifieds entry page

9. the 3rd - ad entry page ( after 1st - type of ad and 2nd - year classification ) is the payoff. you see the "Images" section with 6 "Browse" entry lines to the right? click on the top "Browse" button

10. navigate to "Local Disk C:" ... depending on how high a level this starts at you may have to drill down or up. if you see a "My Computer" icon click on that and C: will be on that list. if not, click on the "Up" button until you reach the root of C: or the "My Computer" listing which will show C: as one of your drive options

11. double click on the "Pics" directory

12. select the pic you'd like to post

13. repeat steps 9-12 as needed

14. fill out the rest of the classified info and hit submit

i think that should get the job done for you.

it sounds complicated but i'm trying to cover all of the bases for you. it's pretty simple once you grasp the concepts. good luck.
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

Thanks for the help gents.
    Hector