Thread: Ebay Spam

Ebay Spam

This morning I recieved the email below, it is a Spam! You can identify these by the page they link to. The title bar does not show http://www.ebay.com , it shows http://66.165.225.16/images....etc.
    DO NOT FILL OUT ANYTHING ON THE LINKED PAGE!!!

While the spam is "active" the above link will work. If you click on the link, you will see how good the page looks! Once the spam is shut down, the link will bring up a "404" error.
    The secrest to identifying these spams is the domain name does not show in the title bar.

We regret to inform you that your eBay account has been suspended due to concerns we have for the safety and integrity of the eBay community.

Per the User Agreement, Section 9, we may immediately issue a warning, temporarily suspend, indefinitely suspend or terminate your membership and refuse to provide our services to you if we believe that your actions may cause financial loss or legal liability for you, our users or us. We may also take these actions if we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us.

Due to the suspension of this account, please be advised you are prohibited from using eBay in any way. This includes the update of your actual account.

If you could please take 5-10 minutes out of your online experience and update your personal records you will not run into any future problems with the online service.

Once you have updated your account records your eBay session will not be interrupted and will
    continue as normal.

Click below in order to login and update your information:
    Update eBay Information

Regards,

Safeharbor Department
    eBay, Inc.

Last edited by rcull; 11-09-2005 at 05:28 AM.
    If you would llike to place an image of your car in your signature, click here for instructions
    WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

65 GS Guest

Talking

I got this very same message under the guise of PayPal. The catch was that they sent it to a screen name we have that has never been used on Ebay or PayPal.
    My daughter got caught by it and filled out and sent all the info before asking us if it was a scam. She had to immediately cancel her card and get a new number issued. She caught it quickly enough to prevent money from being extracted.
    I have to go now though, I understand that I have won a multimillion dollar lottery and all they need is my account number so the money can be transferred!

Talking

I received the same message 3 days ago. They are going to have a good time with the numbers and names they were given. Morons like this arn't needed or wanted. ALSO SENT IN TO E-BAY "SPOOF" CENTER. They are tracking down now.
    Al
    65 GS Conv.

ebay and pay pal

If you recieve mail to a address other than your ebay account it is not valid. You will only recieve mail from ebay in your ebay mail box, no other address.

rampant

this spam is rampant- I get all kinds of different titles asking to confirm orders, intrested in item, etc.
    Pretty sad.

I got a notice a few days ago that a foreign contact had tried to use my pay-pal account . They needed me to refresh my account and to do that I needed to enter all my info .NOT . It all looked and sounded wrong , so I mailed pay-pal and hopefully got it all straightened out

Also beware of emails that say you have bid on an item you have no knowledge of. If you click on it to find out what they are talking about, they usually have you sign in. That is a false site and stealing your info.

It is a good scam because they hook you with curiosity.

Another new scam!!!

I just got another ebay scam sent my way.

It is in the form of an "unpaid item" dispute. It basically says that somebody has filed an unpaid item dispute against you and you need to click the link to see it and resolve it.

I didn't click it, but it probably takes you to a clone site and asks you to login.

Again, pretty creative. Bottom line...only respond to ebay messages that come up on their system.

Dave

Smile Ebay Spam

Guys

If you get these mails don't open them. Simply forward them to spoof@ebay.com and they will handle them (I.E. go after the bad guys and shut them down).

Art