Thread: Buick Blogs

Buick Blogs

Would anyone be interested in haveing a "Buick Blog". This would basically be an interactive web page for your car project. It could just be about your playing with your car or...?

Any input???
    If you would llike to place an image of your car in your signature, click here for instructions
    WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Thumbs up RE: Buick Bloggs

Hey Bob,

I think that is a fabulous Idea.

In fact I just forwarded one to Bob Bates, in regard to Grille Customizing!

They could be used as a Tool to show enthusiats how to do things, from tips on general Maintenence or Repairs or for some "Special" applications shch as installing Disc Brakes, or other types of kits like Petronix or any other aftermarket products.

Regards,

Tom Gallagher
    Thanking YOU, for YOUR Valued Cooperation and Experience in This Matter.

NOSTALGIA Is A DEVICE That REMOVES The RUTS and POTHOLES From MEMORY LANE.
    Tom Gallagher (BUICK BANSHEE)
    1956 Buick Special 2 Door H/Top 46R: Red & White
    Darlington Station, RI. 02861

51 Sled Guest
    Great idea....when I actually get goin on my ride...
    But I did get my original 51 Buick manual - it's in mint shape!
    Pretty thrilled about that.

mdaniel Guest

blogs

That would be a great idea!! What can we do to help.

Talking

I started off with blog from blogspot.com with that intent...then I realized that it was kinda not too good for what I wanted, so I made my own page about a week ago.

Check the link in my signature. It's a work in progress by far, but eventually I'll have all I've done to the car up on there. And feel free to click on the google ads which'll help me get money to fix it up!!

You know, if anyone has their own site they maintain, the google adsense is a pretty sweet deal. I made $30 in the past week just from clicking on the links on my page at school! And that's just from me clicking, hitting the back button and clicking some more!

Sorry, didn't mean to go off on a tangent about google stuff. I think Buick blog pages would be a great idea!
    -Romy
    1970 LeSabre 455
    1970 LeSabre Custom

My NEW 70 LeSabre project page Work in progress...both the page and the car

So, what do we want out of a blog....

Many don't allow image uploading, that could be a problem. You could upload an image to the "showroom" and link it to the blog.

The dissadvantage of a webpage management system is that other people can't have input to the blog. That seems to be a big advantage of blogging. Others can have input. With a Buick Blog this would allow "fine tuning" of anything someone was blogging.

mdaniel, how familiar are you with web stuff? (I'm just dreamin' that you might know .php or something.)
    If you would llike to place an image of your car in your signature, click here for instructions
    WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Question Re: Buick Blogs

Anymore insight or information in regard to Buick Blogs

Regards,

Tom Gallagher
    Thanking YOU, for YOUR Valued Cooperation and Experience in This Matter.

NOSTALGIA Is A DEVICE That REMOVES The RUTS and POTHOLES From MEMORY LANE.
    Tom Gallagher (BUICK BANSHEE)
    1956 Buick Special 2 Door H/Top 46R: Red & White
    Darlington Station, RI. 02861

The only update at this point is there are many ways to go, but the ones that fit into the site nicely (that I have found) right now do not easily include pictures. There will soon be a modification available for the "showroom" which will make it into a "blogs" program. That would allow images.

What do you think, do we need images?