Thread: 1985 Buick LeSabre Limited Collector's Edition

SIGO|Mako275 Guest

1985 Buick LeSabre Limited Collector's Edition

I have the car mentioned in the subject line and I was wondering if anyone would know how many of these "Collecters Editions" were made. Mine is a 2-door and still has the original engine ( 307 V8 ) and has all the upgrades that were available at the time (AM/FM Radio, A/C, Power Locks/ Windows, etc.) My car still runs good even with almost 300,000 miles on it.

If anyone could tell me something about this car I'd be very happy. I can't seem to find anything, I even went to the local Buick dealer and they couldn't help me (something about the VIN numbers were interpreted differently in 1985 is what they told me). All I know is what I read in the books that came with the car which isn't much.

Basically I know that it's one of the last LeSabre's with rear-wheel drive, and that it had somethings that were different from the regular LeSabre's, but I really don't know much else. Could someone please help me?

well, first of all the 307 is an Oldsmobile design/build. Buick last made a v8 in 1980.

you should still have a 6 bolt BOP style bellhousing on your transmission so it would be fairly easy to swap in pretty much any Buick, Olds or Pontiac V8 as well as many of their V6s.

however, if you need to get a new trans or you want to swap the engine out for a chevy then you'll either need to get the appropriate trans or a dual pattern 200r4 which would have an extra gear.

here's a good page on the olds 307: http://www.442.com/oldsfaq/ofe307.ht...IDEngineDetail

i don't have a decode book for 85 (mine only goes up to 79) but you can try posting your VIN and trim tag and i'll see what i can get.
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

Re: '85 Collectors Edition

In '85 one plant made the last of the rear wheel drive moldels due to customer orders made in '84 Buicks Banner Year>
    At the same time another production plant was making the introductory model for the new front wheel drive lesabre which lasted for 20 years.
    Buick still made a rear wheel drive Estate Wagon B body through 1989 and the body was resigned and was used from 1990 to 1996 along with the re-introduction of the Roadmaster RWD.

Regards

Tom Gallagher
    Thanking YOU, for YOUR Valued Cooperation and Experience in This Matter.

NOSTALGIA Is A DEVICE That REMOVES The RUTS and POTHOLES From MEMORY LANE.
    Tom Gallagher (BUICK BANSHEE)
    1956 Buick Special 2 Door H/Top 46R: Red & White
    Darlington Station, RI. 02861