Thread: 62 interior

62 interior

Hello all, I just picked up a 62 invicta wagon. My plan is to just fix it up a little and re-sell it. The car is very straight and solid with a fairly new cheapy paint job. with a wet sand and buff it should be pretty nice. One of the biggest downfalls to the car is the interior. Carpet is new, headliner is ok, dash is nice, but the seats and door panels are about the ugliest things Ive seen. Im considering replacing the door panels and seat covers. Where is the cheapest place to find these. Im sure i wont find buick ones, and since im just relisting it I figured id just use chevy ones. So, any suggestions on where to purchase these from.

62 interior

There is a place to have the original seat upholstery and door panels duplicated. Go to www.autoupholsterykits.com and request a price using modern day materials. They can use materials that are being made today and save you about half the cost, and still make the new upholstery in the same design as the original. That way you will still keep the original style sewing on your seats and door panels without going to the expense of using factory original materials. They also provide installation instructions so you can save those costs, too. They have been in business for 38 years and do a very nice job.
    By the way, a friend of mine just got back from Germany, and he said that these old wagons bring more money than convertibles over there. You may want to check it out.
    Good luck with your project.
    Best Regards,
    Ron