Thread: New wiper motor

New wiper motor

I have recently installed my new electric wiper motor in my 57 Riviera Special, and was wondering what I should do with the 2 vacuum tubes (1 attached to the manifold and the other Im not sure) that were attached to the old vacuum wiper motor. Should I just block them off ?? Or something else ??
    Thanks.....
    Carpe Diem...and drive my '57 Riviera Special....

wiper motor

When I got my 57 Roadmaster the previous owner had disconnected the vaccum hoses and threaded a small bolt into each. I left it that way for a while, and everything worked fine (except the wipers of course). I am looking at either putting in an additional vacuum tank to aid the wipers or switching to electric. What motor did you use when you made the switch? Were you able to utilize the original switch? If you have any info you can reach me at
    wpruden@wreb.ca

Wiper Motor

Thanks for your reply..OK..I will block off the hoses and take it from there...I first found a wiper kit at:
    http://www.thedetailzone.com/Newportwiperhome.htm
    but managed to find a local supplier here in Victoria, Australia. Saved a 9 week turn around from order to delivery. I paid a bit more but the cable system has been totally replaced with a solid arm system. I would assume you could muck around with the original switch incorporating the new, but I have just left the original in place, disconnected of course. I have installed the new switch in place of the cigar lighter, and replaced the new knob with an"original" 57 knob, and you would be none the wiser....
    Carpe Diem...and drive my '57 Riviera Special....