Thread: Gasket????

Gasket????

looked even at C.A.R.S. inc. and surprizingly did not find it there. looking for the gasket that goes tween the front spindle and backing plate. any info would be usefull. havent stoped at napa yet, think they would have something like that for a 56 buick special?? or can it be cross referenced?? not like there isent a million cars out there with drum brakes.
    thanks fer the info knuck...

When working on old cars, it just seems sometimes it easier to spend the time an make the gasket ...

I always keep a set of materials on hand and a hole punch set. It sometimes seems like I spend a lot of time to make a decent gasket, but when you consider the time spent running around or on the phone, combined with the delays in assembly...
    If you would llike to place an image of your car in your signature, click here for instructions
    WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Gasket

Knuck I had mentioned before on an odd gasket that I needed and I think I got it from Nelson gasket--I think Tom put it in his address book---calling all cars for Tommie G.---answer please!!!! Good Luck and hows Rosalie coming along??

Thumbs up Re: Gaskets

Hey Knuck and BeBop!

Calling ALL cars as long as they are BUICKS!

Tommy G responding to the A.P.B.

How U 2 Guys from Minnesota Doin'?

It seems like U 2 Guys are "Ganging-Up" on Me! (LOL)

Are U 2 Guys the same Individuals from the Movie "Grumpy Old Men"?

You're really putting me on the Spot here!

Like Bebop said I did put it in my Address Book, but at this point in time My Address Book needs and Address Book Folder. (LOL).

I would say that I have to get Organized, but Iwould have to Re-Organize First. I'm Too, Too busy get organized, If You Know what I mean.

Hey Knuck,

How did You come about to name Your '56 " Rosalie"

I see that U2 Guy's are "Hitting it Off" pretty good which does my heart WELL!

You Know I owe You "Big-Time" but after a lot of research and with Bobop "Jogging" My Memory, I was able to come up with a possible Vendor/Supplier........Olson's Gasket www.olsonsgaskets.com thats probably your best bet.

Another Primary Source would be to contact Jim Macy at Buick World 360-825-3787 rivierajim@excite.com

I would also try Carson's Antique Auto Parts 508-429-2269 w1066@gis.net

Antique Auto Parts Cellar 781-335-1579 www.then-now.com

An Alternative vendor in regard to future brake issues check out www.ebiz.netopia.com/brakeparts/door/

Napa is pretty good for parts for our '56. I tried looking up parts, but Napa's website was Down for Maintenence Issues. (Have to try again)

I came accross some other interesting Websites in my research process that are recomended for future reference.

www.buickclub.org/1956_buick_stuff.htm

Scroll down and "Check-Out" Robert Budd's 1956 Buick Web Page.
    Once You get into it there is a LOT of Usefull Valued Information!

Also "Check-Out" www.wilsonweldingandmachine.com has some Buick Stuff, Aluminum Finned Brake Drums and Brake Parts.

U 2 Guy's have a "Good Weekend" and take advantage of the Good Weather while it lasts.

I Hoped I have HELPED! You Out.

If You are not Successfull give me a Shout and I will have to resort to the "Wildcat Wizzard" and reach deep down into my "Bag of Tricks" and see what I can come-up with

My Highest Regards,

Tom Gallagher
    Last edited by Tom Gallagher; 09-23-2005 at 10:19 PM.
    Thanking YOU, for YOUR Valued Cooperation and Experience in This Matter.

NOSTALGIA Is A DEVICE That REMOVES The RUTS and POTHOLES From MEMORY LANE.
    Tom Gallagher (BUICK BANSHEE)
    1956 Buick Special 2 Door H/Top 46R: Red & White
    Darlington Station, RI. 02861

well thanks to you all gave me a few more good places to look at for networking for parts. slowly chipping away at this lil project till snow flys. so trying to tie up a few loose ends. for the 6 month hibernation cuz by then i got my harley motor on my kitchen table for a rebuild.bottom end sounds like a marble in a dryer and that aint a good sound.
    thanks fer the info knuck...