Thread: Gas Poll

here in Evansville, In. it is about $2.57-$2.65
    CHUCKWICK RACING
    www.myspace.com/buickroad

Grippin Guest

Angry

Indpls, it just DROPPED TO 2.899

Gas Price in Mizzoura!

91 octane as of 5pm CT/ sept. 12th here is $3.05 per gallon!

cleveland oh

2.85 to 3.05 depends on which side of town
    jwc191

Question Gas Prices

Here In New England
    Prices fluxuate between 3.00 and 3.30
    Premium is 3.59

I can't figure out the reason for such a price disparagy!!

Getty and Hess seem to be the lowest. Independents the Hightst, a cut above Exxon, Mobil & Shell

Price Gauging!

Other than taking unjust advantage of the American Public!

Since Bush is a Lame Duck President from Texas, I figure that he is taking good care of his fellow constituents before He retires

Citco, a small oil company made 7 billion profit in the First Quarter and 10 Billion Profit in the 2nd Quarter. That's more than the Gross National Product of MOST Countrys for a YEAR!

I wonder at Whose Expense did these HUGE win-fall profits effect other than me and you?

I think WE are taking it on the chin and should make a unified statement like....Not buying gas on a certain designated day! If gas is not sold there is No Demand which is a Expression We constantly hear by the media over and over. 2 days in a row would be even better. Fill up on Friday, Sat or Sun and Do not Purchase ANY Fuel Mon & Tues

This will have a drastic effect on other consumer Goods and Services.

It's just my opinion. I could be Wrong, but somehow I don't think so!

Regards,

Tom Gallagher
    Thanking YOU, for YOUR Valued Cooperation and Experience in This Matter.

NOSTALGIA Is A DEVICE That REMOVES The RUTS and POTHOLES From MEMORY LANE.
    Tom Gallagher (BUICK BANSHEE)
    1956 Buick Special 2 Door H/Top 46R: Red & White
    Darlington Station, RI. 02861

Thumbs down Gas Prices

$3.51 her on old Nantucket for Regular $3.81 for Super

I hear you Tom, but the fact of the matter is that the U.S. economy depends on oil! Not buying gas for a day or two MIGHT make a statement, but the oil companies know sooner or later, you'll be back for more--or no trips to the grocery store, Grandma's house, or more importantly, WORK. I live in metro Atlanta, and after Hurricane Katrina affected the fuel supply here, I can tell you how scary the thought of our country without fuel is! There were stations running out of some, or all grades of fuel within hours. (this was the Wednesday after Katrina hit New Orleans) Granted, it (supposedly) was because of "internet gossip" that there would be a shortage, and everyone rushed the stations to get gas, which sucked many of them dry. Supply didn't return completely to normal until just recenly. Case in point: One of the reasons the allies were able to defeat The Axis powers in WW2 was by controlling their access to oil! No oil, (read: gasoline,diesel fuel) and your army goes nowhere! The same holds true of our economy. Can we give up our cars? Not practical. And remember: trucks bring nearly everything you rely on daily, to you. If they don't roll, things could get bad in a hurry,economically. Not to mention the already struggling airline industry--jets can't run on solar power! No, I'm no "doom and gloom" advocate, just a realist. However, let me summarize by saying: Hell yeah, I want gas prices to come back down!! I'm driving a '93 Saturn daily (25+MPG), and I hate small cars, but that's the only way to "afford" the gas! Just my 2 cents worth. Which if it were gasoline, wouldn't take you far! -Zach

Angry gas prices

paid $2.21 yesterday, southeast cleve., oh
    jwc191

Thumbs down Fuel Prices

Amazing! Truely Amazing!

After retailers state that High fuel prices will effect the holiday season's purchases which greatly relate to the enonomy, Fuel Prices conveniently dropped.

After all there has to be some proof that there is a Santa Claus, to keep the dream alive.

Watch $prices$ rise over Turkey Day for the trip to Grandma's due to " an increase in demand"

What a pile of "Donkey Dust"

After the Billions of winfall profits the first 2 quarters it is quite obvious that they are screwing around and taking advantage of the General Public.

The Government is permitting this. Wait an see what happens when people don't have the money to $pay$ for heating this winter.

Regards,

Tom Gallagher
    Last edited by Tom Gallagher; 10-27-2005 at 08:45 AM.
    Thanking YOU, for YOUR Valued Cooperation and Experience in This Matter.

NOSTALGIA Is A DEVICE That REMOVES The RUTS and POTHOLES From MEMORY LANE.
    Tom Gallagher (BUICK BANSHEE)
    1956 Buick Special 2 Door H/Top 46R: Red & White
    Darlington Station, RI. 02861

the problem is not and has not been whether or not the profit margin is 'sufficient' for years.

the problem is that US gasoline refining capacity is at 18 million gallons per day while domestic demand is at 20 million gallons per day. that's a 2 million gallon per day shortfall.

prices WILL increase until demand FALLS. PERIOD.

you don't like that simple fact ... the next time you see an environmentalist you should slap the dumb ****.

that happens often enough, maybe we'll get some new refineries built. hell, let's get crazy, maybe we'll even get those stupid drilling restrictions on the Great Lakes and Florida coast (both introduced within the last 5 years) lifted so we can buy oil from ourselves instead of subsidizing crazy ragheads.
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)