Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas Poll

Question Re: Gas Prices

Hey Bob,

A Turban is not a "Rag" or a "Towel". It is actually a "Sheet"

To be Politically Correct we should call them "Little Sheets"

Arabs with a Turban are a "pull start". The ones with the "dot" are a push start!

Regards,

Tom Gallagher
    Thanking YOU, for YOUR Valued Cooperation and Experience in This Matter.

NOSTALGIA Is A DEVICE That REMOVES The RUTS and POTHOLES From MEMORY LANE.
    Tom Gallagher (BUICK BANSHEE)
    1956 Buick Special 2 Door H/Top 46R: Red & White
    Darlington Station, RI. 02861

the ones with the dots are not muslim or arab ... they're hindu indians. also, some of the the 'sheet' heads are Sikhs. also not anything like islam.
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

To find the lowest prices in your area, go to:

http://www.gasbuddy.com/

http://gaspricewatch.com/

http://www.fuelmeup.com/

65 GS Guest
    WalMart tonight in the FL Panhandle was $2.37, 76 at Circle K was the same.
    Earlier in the week, I was at $2.65 in Los Angeles County.

The problem as Bob stated is that the oil companies create artificial shortages at the refining point. When they were "de-regulated" they soon realized that they no longer were required to build new refineries and thus had control over the supply side of the equation. So fifty have shut down and none have been built in the last 30 years. They tested out the theory to double or more gas prices by phony shortages beginning in '74 and every few years thereafter.

Even the slow-to-catch-on general public started to ask about the record profits just announced. If they were "passing on" increased costs, why did the profit margin increase.

The wonders of de-regulation never quite "trickeled down" to the regular consumer. The answer is for ne regulations to be placed in effect requiring the oil companies to build new refineries and stabilize the supply. It's all to convenient to blame the Arabs these days. They may be to blame for a lot of problems, but are a red-herring on this one.

The only reason it is going down now is that someone is starting to question this practice.

Rush Limbaugh -- whether you love him or hate him -- had a couple of good segments on the supposed gouging of oil companies. While they make .10 per gallon profit, the government makes ~.46 per gallon so who is gouging the public?

Unfortunately, the segments have rolled over into the archive and aren't available any more.
    Last edited by jimpeel; 11-04-2005 at 11:33 PM.

A really GREAT article entitled "Oil profits, prices and politics", which puts the whole mess in perspective, is located here:

http://www.townhall.com/opinion/colu...03/174128.html

madmaxx182 Guest
    ohio lorain $2.00 for reg

Welcome to the real world guys. The rest of the world has been paying $3+ a gallon for years. I travel to the States on a regular basis and every time I get of the plane I cannot believe the number of SUV's and pickups that clog the freeways, and ususally with one occupant.
    The US with less than 10% of the worlds population uses more than 25% of the worlds energy and now the rest of the world wants to have the same living standard that you and I enjoy and the only way thay are going to get that is with higher energy use (read OIL).
    You are currently importing 50 % of your OIL requirements which means you have to pay World prices, like it or not.
    One thing you can be sure of is that Oil is only going to get more exspensive as more third world countries develop.
    You have to stop living in the past. I can remember when gas was less than 30 cents a gallon and a loaf of bread was 10 cents but then I was only earning $17 a week.

Gas is dropping like a rock

I posted this on another board on 11/08 Gas has gone down even more since then.

I went on http://www.gasbuddy.com and went through the list of states to see what the lowest prices on gasoline are.

Gas prices are starting to break the $2 barrier in many states. Most states still remain over $2 especially in the population centers.

Just so noone will misunderstand -- these prices do not mean that ALL of the stations are at these prices; or ALL stations are below $2; or ALL states are below $2; or ALL grades of gas are below $2 -- here's the caveat:

These prices reflect the lowest price for REGULAR gas in each state in SOME localities. The price is NOT indicative of prices throughout the ENTIRE state.
    http://www.gasbuddy.com also lists the highest prices in every state as well; but if you want those numbers, or want to make your own chart, go do it yourself.

TX 1.87
    MO 1.88
    KS 1.89
    OK 1.91
    VA 1.91
    GA 1.92
    IA 1.92
    NJ 1.95
    SC 1.96
    IL 1.97
    DE 1.99
    MA 1.99