Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas Poll

Bush was whining to the Saudie's just the other day...asking for some economic relief by releasing more oil...The Saudie answer was..."If you need more oil; buy it!

These are the same Saudies who were, not so long ago, broke nomadic camel jockys living in tents herding goats until the USA and the British showed them how to drill for oil thereby making multi-billionairs out of the ungrateful bastards.
    Last edited by 69panel; 05-18-2008 at 07:32 AM. Reason: because I wanted to.
    "Try to be the person your dog THINKS you are."

they ought to remove oil from commodity trading, and also do more drilling here, telling these tree hugging twerps to screw off.
    then, freeze the price of gas at the average price that it was 1 year ago

The SOB's Speculate the price of oil . I can't Speculate my next pay raise and gas/ heating oil isn't used in the cost of living index go figure. Gas here 4.06 a gal Heating oil about the same .Mean while my unit is on alert to go to sand land again!!!

wow

so i was driving to get some tools today in my friends truck. I offered to put $20 worth and I got 5.3_ gallons!! it was 3.87 i think here in my part of pennsylvania!!
    Lou

Fuzzy math

Quote Originally Posted by tyoneal View Post
    =====================================
    What's wrong with this picture?

1) Maybe the Oil Companies did NOTHING wrong. Did that thought ever cross your mind?

2) Oil companies make .10 cent a gallon, Government tax .46 per Gallon. Now you know why it's so damn expensive.

3) Exxon/Mobil Record Profits- They made 47 billion in Profits, and PAID $! BILLION IN GOVERNMENT TAXES! They are also one of the biggest corps in the world. If you think they make a lot of money buy the stock and cash in with all of them.

All this was what was wrong with your picture.

Regards,

Ty
    I do not want to start a fight here but the Billions in profits made in the last year make your math of oil companies making .10 per gallon a little hard to believe. It was also noted that the profits from Exxon were the highest ever in recorded history. IMHO Oil , natural gas, electricity, probably should not be traded commodities. With the speculstion thats running rampant causing the price to go higher everyday one must think that there is a bubble here. Also eneergy is so vital that the mere thought of a burp in the supply causes a huge jump in prices. One question , anyone here pass a station that was out of gas? ANother might be for you when your driving tmorrow count the number of small cars compared to large sedans and SUV's out there.
    The US auto makers and oil have squeezed us into this mess. Advanced technologies exist for electric cars and hydrogen power but for the machine to keep making money and (having political power) we must be held in the clutches of big business.

Red face

$3.99 in e. wa & $4.37 in Seattle area this weekend(6-14-08)$100.01 to fill up
    JAMIE MCCLINTON
    STARTER/ALTERNATOR/GENERATOR REBUILDER SINCE 1979
    selling buick mini starters & alternators
    startncharge@rocketmail.com
    65 Special convertible
    69 Special Deluxe
    Lost to garage fire:
    69 cali GS
    72 Suncoupe

Up In British Columbia, Canada price in my area is $1.46 9/10. Translates to about 5.88 6/10 per gallon in the US. Finally starting to drive the classic less.

I believe the Goverment and automakers have had it all wrong for years. I have worked for a school district in upstate New York for 20 yrs. The EPA says lower emissions so the take sulfur and other stuff out of fuel. buses that got 14 mpg drop to 9-10 mpg Epa says make ultra low sulfur fuel mpg drops to 6-7 mpg. Would it be smarter makeing cars and trucks that get better mileage in the first place ===simple logic better mileage = less fuel used = less emissions created .

3.89 per gallon

I would actually pay $10.00 a gallon and be happy with that as long as what I was getting was all gas. Here in Colorado they have been adding ethanol to our gas for years in the winter to help with emissions. Now they are putting it in all the time along with a hell of a lot of xylenes and tolulenes, and the ehtanol content is more than the advertised 10% in most cases I would say. Here is an interesting experiment for anyone thats bold, fill your tank woth the local 85 octane gas and check your milage. Then fill your tank with E85. I bet your milage is exactly the sameWhen you add ehtanol to gas your efi in your vehicle will adjust your fuel curve and you end up using 3 times as much fuel with ethanol as you will pure gas. So not only are we paying record prices for our fuel, but they are adding so much crap to it at the refinery that were using it 3 times as fast. Ask yourself does it seem you are filling up more often than you used to even though you drive with the same habits as a year or 2 ago? -Probably. Just thought I would put in my 2 cents, Im getting off my soap box now!

Chris

Filled up the Riv this week at BP (formally AMOCO), 4.35 a gal here in Norfolk, Virginia. The third largest exported of oil to the U.S. is Mexico.
    Last week congress approved legislation to GIVE them 1.4 billion in aid
    to help them fight the drug cartels. If they need military aid and we
    need oil, why was there not a trade in lieu of another "Give away"?
    This as not accident, the administration is selling us out, they are going
    to get our prices up to the Europeans. Why would the oil companys want
    to sell something to us for 4.00 that they can sell to the Europeans for
    8.00 or 9.00. The politicians get enough kick back from the oil lobby that it is a painless transition to them. I know many of us would rather push
    a Buick than ride a Ricer, but it's getting tough.