Thread: 1955 Buick Heater Hose

1955 Buick Heater Hose

This weekend i drove my car back and forth from south dallas to north dallas, and when i pulled up my car was leaking antifreeze/coolant, and it was making a very loud noise while it was leaking.. i parked the car and it continued to leak, and make a crazy sound. I found out that one of the hoses that leads from the waterpump/waterpump area busted on the side of the battery tray. I guess what my question is this. I wanted to know what this hose was just to make shure i dont order an incorrect hose or part. There are 3 hoses about 3/4 inch thick diameter that leads from the water pump to the right side of the engine bay.. back under the cowl and towards the back of the car.. i believe they are heater hoses. There is 3 all together.. the one that busted is the most lowest hose attached to the water pump, does anybody know where this hose leads or goes to? Is it hard to replace this? And if anybody knows.. they having a listing for heater hoses in the cars inc catolog for 55 buicks, but they have two options 3/4 inch and 5/8 inch.. which one do yall think it is? Im pretty nervous about working on this car cuz i dotn wanna screw anything up. When it busted it made a very loud noise, kinda like poppin? is that just air pressure or could i have messed the radiotor up? the car drives fine. I just want to know i guess,, what size do most of u 55 buick owners have listed as the heater hoses that lead into and from the water pump and wear do they lead .. are they hard to get too or replace . pls consider i am not a mechanic so pls help me out.. im just kinda nervous when things go wrong with my baby i worry .. probably worry too much.. but pls let me know any info any of u have on this .. kc

KC
    They are heater hoses NAPA or any auto store will have them in stock. I'd replace the radiator hoses also.

Thumbs up A whole lot of hose!

55 Buicks have a ton of heater hose!
    Last edited by Three Tone; 08-19-2005 at 08:39 PM.

Thumbs up A whole lot of hose!

I replaced every hose on my 55 Special and it took some around 24' of the stuff... 3/4, I think. If your car has the under seat heater it will take a like quanity of hose. The 55 with the auto is equiped with a trans cooler, not in the radiator like most cars. It is a box mounted at the tail end of the trans with the trans fluid running through it and engine coolent routed to it with heater hose. If you have popped one hose the rest are sure to follow, replace them all! Take your time and do one at a time to make sure you get them all routed back to the right place.