Thread: cant find interior

penske Guest

i need to panels that cover the sides, back by the rear window. looks like nova interior will fit.

I recently had the dissapointment of purchasing a set of "sail panels" from a reputable supplier for my '67. They just didn't fit. The curve at the bottom was cut wrong and I could not peal back the material from the panel to recut it.

The supplier agreed to send me the material to cover the sail panel, but could not supply the panel itself. (don't understand why, must be sub contracted)

I went to a sign shop and they had some nice flexible plastic which was easy to work with, cheap. I cut my own panels and they now fit reasonably well.

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Sail Panels

If you need someone to custom make the sail panels, I can do that for you if you are willing to send in one of your originals. I guarantee it will fit correctly.
    Best Regards,
    Ron
    rcfryer@hotmail.com
    Best Regards,
    Ron

Don's 77 Sky Guest
    I have a similar problem with the 77 Skylark...I have a lot of interior parts that are made of plastic that have become very brittle. Bob, what was the matterial that you located in the Sign shop, maybe it will help me in remaking some of the interior pieces for my car, since none are to be found.

Also, I want to remove the brown stuff that is on the head liner without damaging the board...any suggestions what will do it nice and neat. I then will recover it with some new material.