Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite non-Buick car?

Mine is probably a 1968 corvette convertible.
    1955 Buick Special 2dr HT

I can be a softy for a lot of the Dodge stuff, especially the hemi powered ones. (Don't tell any of my Dodge friends though... [img]smile.gif[/img] )

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

That's good stuff. I'm not really a speed guy, more of a cruiser. I'm a really big fifties car fan. It is my favorite car decade by far. It's a little odd because I'm in my twenties. But I love 68-72 vettes. I have a 1955 Special and hope to get a 68 vette someday, but that's a long way off because I got a lot of work left on the Special.

I like the 65' Cadillac El Dorado Convertible, and the 74' Camaro Z28.

A friend talked me into buying a blue 68 Dodge Dart GTS convertible (Bumble Bee package) that he found back in the 80s. Our deal was that I would buy and drive it until he could save enough to buy it from me for the same price. It had a 4-speed manual and a high performance 340 CI engine. It was an absolute blast to drive. I hated to turn it over to him when he was finally ready to buy it, but I did! That was certainly one of my favorite non-Buick cars.

My other non-Buick favorite is the convertible 03 Ford SVT Mustang Cobra in my signature. It has a 6-speed manual and a factory supecharged 281 CI V-8. Here is another picture of that because I can’t resist:

Last edited by Dr. Frankenbuick; 11-26-2009 at 03:05 AM.
    Steve B.

67 GS 525 Buick Stage IV
    66 GS Convertible
    65 GS HT
    63 Riv
    02 Subaru WRX Turbo
    03 Ford Cobra Convertible (Factory Supercharged)

Nice car Doc. Looks fast as hell.

it'd have to be a tie between the 427ci GT-40 that won Le Mans and the 427ci powered Cobra. these cars are both beautiful and ***** out bad to the bone ... and they can be driven on the street.

doesn't get much better than that. just imagine 'em with a lighter weight BB Buick installed
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

You talking about Bruisers or Cruisers?

It's like the story of the young bull who says to his father. Dad why don't we run down and take care of one of those cows.
    The older father turns to the son and says, son why don't we walk down and take care of ALL of them!

Are You a Cruiser or a Bruiser?

True Fast can be very exciting, but lasts a short while.

Style,Grace and Comfort combined with Performance and Luxury is a hard combination to beat!

I feel comfortable driving in my living room.

If I wanted something Fast. I would have bought a Vette or Z/28. Hit a bump and the axle feels like it welded to the frame (uni-body) OUCH!

I'll take the Big Ride! Caddy and Buicks any year. Packards and 60-63 Imperials. Hard to beat the later 30's Vintage Limiteds with Dual Sidemounts. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Those were the cars preferred by Royalty!

Now that's driving with class! [img]graemlins/hurray.gif[/img]

Anyone, Grey Poupon!

Regards, [img]graemlins/beers.gif[/img]

Tom Gallagher
    Thanking YOU, for YOUR Valued Cooperation and Experience in This Matter.

NOSTALGIA Is A DEVICE That REMOVES The RUTS and POTHOLES From MEMORY LANE.
    Tom Gallagher (BUICK BANSHEE)
    1956 Buick Special 2 Door H/Top 46R: Red & White
    Darlington Station, RI. 02861

My thought's exactly Tom but after a hard days work it is tough to get the grin off my face after a ride in my 73 vette.The top comes off whem it is nice and the air is on when it is hot

I have got to admit I love anything old and shining. All chrome bumper Vettes are cool. Anything that has survived time and the customizers earns my respect and heart. Right now my mind is having an afair with a 1972 Corvette LT-1 convertible with AC Red /Red. The only year LT-1 offered with AC because of lower RPMs. A little power with a little comfort makes it work for me. I love them all !!!
    Scotty