Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Desert Valley Auto Parts

Has anyone dealt with them. I emailed them last week about some pieces I was looking for and haven't heard from them. Do they take a while to get back to you? Any input would be great.
    Thanks

Michael

1955 Buick Special
    2 door hardtop
    264 with Dynaflow

Sorry - I don't have any personal experience with them.
    I know they are well advertised in some of the magazines that I purchase.
    Possibly, try emailing them again. Maybe they accidently deleted your request or something.
    Good luck.
    Joe-(39 Century)

Remember it takes approximately 3500 bolts to build a Buick and only 1 Nut to spread them all over the highway"

I have never dealt with them either. However, I have seen several very positive responses to questions regarding their service and quality. I don't remember the site where I saw the posts. They may be getting busy with the spring rush.

Lightbulb

[img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img] Hey Michael

How U Doin'?

I don't know what you are looking for. If I did I would be able to provide you with other alternatives.

Yo can try Ken Reeves at Wheatbelt Buick
    or Ken Schmidt at the Buick Bonery

Also in Lowell MA there is a Buick Salvage Yard called Colonial on Perry Street.

If you need any of the particulars regarding the above, let me know what you are looking for and possibly I can steer you in the right direction.

Regards,

Tom Gallagher
    Thanking YOU, for YOUR Valued Cooperation and Experience in This Matter.

NOSTALGIA Is A DEVICE That REMOVES The RUTS and POTHOLES From MEMORY LANE.
    Tom Gallagher (BUICK BANSHEE)
    1956 Buick Special 2 Door H/Top 46R: Red & White
    Darlington Station, RI. 02861

Tom

I am looking for 2 headlight buckets and trim rings as well as portholes. My portholes are very badley pitted and the headlight rings are missing. Let me know if you have any suggestions.
    Thanks

Michael

1955 Buick Special
    2 door hardtop
    264 with Dynaflow

Hi Michael,

In regard to chrome pieces and hardware, items like the portholes ("ventiports") tailight housings the chrome around the windows etc. I'm not aware of ANY mid-fiftiy's Buick that doesn't have Pitted Chrome. They all suffer from that same malody. Esp the pieces that have a pot-metal base material.

I think that Bob's Automobilia and/or Buick World sell reproduction Portholes at about 30 bucks a pop.

The Headlight Chrome rims can be bought on e-bay or you can call Colonial in Lowell 888-265-2842 978-454-4237 they are the closest Buick Salvage Yard, although the is also a salvage yard somewhere in Ware or Palmer Ma that has some old Buicks. In any event be prepaired you won't get any that are what you would call show quality. There will be some pitting.

By the way Michael, How did you make out with those New Fenders of yours?

Regards,

Tom Gallagher
    Thanking YOU, for YOUR Valued Cooperation and Experience in This Matter.

NOSTALGIA Is A DEVICE That REMOVES The RUTS and POTHOLES From MEMORY LANE.
    Tom Gallagher (BUICK BANSHEE)
    1956 Buick Special 2 Door H/Top 46R: Red & White
    Darlington Station, RI. 02861

In case your still looking....

Hi there members,
    I am Jason the owner of DVAP in Arizona. I doubt you still need them but we have the port holes for the 55. I have around fifty- sixty 1954-57 buicks, all makes and models. Send me a e-mail at jmcclure@dvap.com or call 800-905-8024. I have them stashed away so ask for me. All other inquiries can be given to any one who answers the phone.
    This is a clean site, I am brand new to it. I would like to invite anyone to browse our yards for any of there retoration needs. Even if you want to stir up some old memories, come on out.
    The 1959 and earlier cars are at the Casa Grande, AZ. Location.
    All others in North Phoenix.
    Hopr to meet some of you soon.
    Thanks
    Jason

I too sent emails about a part I was inquiring about for My '76 Electra, and nobody bothered to reply. (I emailed from a link on their website)

I will say that my step son Dustin and I have had dealings with Desert Valley Auto parts in the past and I cannot say anything at all bad about our experiences. We got fenders and doors from them for 70-72 Skylarks shipped to Pennsylvania, and they were exceptional. And... the packaging was top notch! You wont be disappointed in your transaction. I can't say enough good about them and we are pretty picky. They are a standup place of business! I highly recommend them to you!
    Pat Harmon
    Pat Harmon
    1970 Skylark 455 Sea Mist green
    1973 Century GS 4 SPD 1 of 365
    1986 Century GS #2,#3 and#4 of 1029 (yes I have 3 of em)
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2958284
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2529561
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2958230
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3196585

With the way this chat is going, I would like to remind you guys that if you find "Desert Valley Auto Parts" in the "Links", you can click on their name and leave feedback comments.

or...

This link will take you directly to the spot
    http://www.teambuick.com/forums/link...wdetails&l=123

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!