Thread: Buick Newbie

66skylark Guest

I just bought my first Buick. It is a 66 Slylark two door with a 300 V8. It is a beautiful car and I am looking forward to getting it into a little better shape. I have been driving it for about a week now, it is so much more fun than my last car (92 Lexus). Finally a car with some character [img]graemlins/shield.gif[/img] !

[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

and so much more character too.
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

Originally posted by 66skylark:
    I just bought my first Buick. It is a 66 Slylark two door with a 300 V8. It is a beautiful car and I am looking forward to getting it into a little better shape. I have been driving it for about a week now, it is so much more fun than my last car (92 Lexus). Finally a car with some character [img]graemlins/shield.gif[/img] !
    Welcome to the board! Yes, those are very nice cars. Are you going to GS clone it, or keep it as it is?

Jim.
    When standing knee deep in water with alligators nipping at your backside, it's difficult to remind yourself that your initial project was to drain the swamp.

BCA #40621
    64 Wildcat Ragtop - 64 LeSabre 4-Door Sedan

66skylark Guest

I think I will keep it as is. Just freshen her up a bit. Paint, interior, and what little mechanical things that need done.(probably more than I think). Just gonna be my driver, not many new cars that I like. Thanks for the welcome,this is a great sight.

Originally posted by 66skylark:
    I think I will keep it as is. Just freshen her up a bit. Paint, interior, and what little mechanical things that need done.(probably more than I think). Just gonna be my driver, not many new cars that I like. Thanks for the welcome,this is a great sight.
    The 300 is a great running little engine, and puts out some serious power. I have the Aluminum 300 in my 64 LeSabre, and I keep torturing the kid next door with it. he has an Olds Cutless jacked up in the rear, wide slicks, mags, headers, all the stuff kids love to put on thier cars...and my rusty ole Buick Sedan keeps blowing him off the road. He has given up trying to beat it
    When standing knee deep in water with alligators nipping at your backside, it's difficult to remind yourself that your initial project was to drain the swamp.

BCA #40621
    64 Wildcat Ragtop - 64 LeSabre 4-Door Sedan