- 215 sports car and Indy racing
    - Affordable Aluminum V-8's
- Buick 215 Engine Specifications
- Buick 300, 340 Engine Specifications
- How To Hot Rod Any Engine – Engine Tech
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cherry bomb muffler

Batmobilly Guest

cherry bomb glass packs...good idea? bad idea? if i have headers should i get the "header mufflers" or just put the regular ones at the straight pipes? i need input, sound's important for a mean *** car.

I would suggest using "Turbo II" mufflers with an "H" pipe, for that clean vibrant sound.

gmranch

Nailhead_Sled Guest

What motor will they be expelling the gasses from?

Batmobilly Guest

a buick 350

in my opinion, you can't go wrong with an H-pipe and a 40-series flowmaster on each pipe. Their deep throaty sound is hard to get from anything else, except from straight pipes!

Anyone heard of Smitty mufflers - a friend has them on his '67 318 D*dge Coronet with a 2" system adn tehy sound very nice.

Nice burble at idle, throaty on acceleration, not too loud on cruise.

No idea how they perform though!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    <br />'65 Skylark 2 door post with plans for a 425 dual quad and switch pitch but in need of pretty much everything - what have u?!

I have a set of Cherry Bomb glass pax on my 65 Skylark 300. I really like them.Nice sound at idle, loud as hell at full throtle,what else can you ask for?

Thumbs up

I have a 56 Buick Special 2 door Hardtop with Factory Duel Exhausts, hooked up to a set of Smithys.Behind a Nostalgic 322 Nailhead.
    They sound Really Fine,(Phat) Throaty and Raspy.Yet when Cruising I can still hear the Radio.

Smithy's have 3 Sizes and each size has a Different Tone. I bought the 33 inchers since they are the same lenght as the Original Equipment Muffler and I'm Quite Pleased with Set-Up. As for their Life Expecteny? I havent Got a Clue. I Wish They made them in Stainless
    Smithy's can be Purchased Through JEGS or SUMMET for about 60 Bucks a Pair. In the Jegs and Summit Catalog They are listed as Patriot Smithy's Mufflers. The Catalog has them Illustrated Painted as a Gun-Metal Blue Color.
    Flowmaster is now Making a Hot Rod Nostalgic Muffles and the Cost is $159.99 Each. There is Quite a Price Diffenece between the Two. The Flowmaster Product is new and I haven't been able to make any comparisons. You can't compare the sound of a chevy small block and the sound of a Nailhead. A naihead when Properly Tuned is Extermely Distinctive, Like a Wildcat Purring. It's Like trying to compare Miller High Life, with
    Asti-Spumonte

[img]graemlins/hurray.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/beers.gif[/img]
    Thanking YOU, for YOUR Valued Cooperation and Experience in This Matter.

NOSTALGIA Is A DEVICE That REMOVES The RUTS and POTHOLES From MEMORY LANE.
    Tom Gallagher (BUICK BANSHEE)
    1956 Buick Special 2 Door H/Top 46R: Red & White
    Darlington Station, RI. 02861

I have a 64 LeSabre 300cid with Cherry bombs. It sounds good when cruising or at idle, but when I stomp it, it's just LOUD, no tone, just loud! I would like to find a set of headers to put on it, but the only ones I can seem to find, are for Skylarks/GS. Anyone know where I can find performance items for the Full sized cars?

Jim.
    When standing knee deep in water with alligators nipping at your backside, it's difficult to remind yourself that your initial project was to drain the swamp.

BCA #40621
    64 Wildcat Ragtop - 64 LeSabre 4-Door Sedan

Wink

Hi Jim, doesn't Postons sell Headers for 300 ci engines? Or are they just for small cars.I concidered buying a set for my skylark 300 but they cost over 300 bux.Way too much for my wallet.Then I read somewhere that the stock exaust manifolds flowed very well,so when I ported my heads,I ported the exaust manifolds as well.Took as much metal(at least 2 Lbs)as I could. They work very well And I'm quite happy with them. Jim [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]