- Buick 455 Drag Strip Tests from Kenne-Bell
    - Buick 400, 430, 455 Engine Specifications
- Buick Staging Chart
- Differences Between 1970-71 And 1972 and Later Type Block
- Head Flow Chart
- Cam Button

Thread: heater core hoses

Question

Hello I just replaced the heater core in my 69 skylark with AC, I also changed the rubber hoses with stainless hoses I was wondering does it matter where the hoses connect to the manifold and the water pump if so can someone tell me which hose goes where and would this cause my car to over-heat

all replies are greatly appreciated
    [img]graemlins/shield.gif[/img] Thanks Richard [img]graemlins/shield.gif[/img]
    Be good, If you can't, Don't get caught

Thumbs up

[img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img] Hi, Richard,

What a Nasty, Rotten Job You just finished. It could have been worse, Like in the middle of January, when it's 20 below. Tell me how many extra Screws and Nuts did You end up with? (LOL)
    The Hose that comes from near the Thermostat connects to the Heatercores inlet tube. That connection is made first. Then just connect the other hose. The two Hoses should not cross.
    Make sure when you fill the system that you have the proper antifreeze to water mix. Add a can of Rust Inhibitor and some water pump lubricant. Fill the radiator with the mix let the car run till its hot. when the thermostat opens water will go into the heater core through the hoses, add more mix to get the proper volume, check for leaks. Do not leave the mix in the radiator any longer than one season. after a year a chemical reaction takes place and the antifreeze breaks down the soldier in the radiator.
    Let us know how You make-out. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/beers.gif[/img]

Tom Gallagher [img]graemlins/shield.gif[/img]
    Thanking YOU, for YOUR Valued Cooperation and Experience in This Matter.

NOSTALGIA Is A DEVICE That REMOVES The RUTS and POTHOLES From MEMORY LANE.
    Tom Gallagher (BUICK BANSHEE)
    1956 Buick Special 2 Door H/Top 46R: Red & White
    Darlington Station, RI. 02861

Smile

Thank you very much I had the hoses crossed The change wasn't really that bad You should have heard me cussing I was lucky the original owner must have known buicks because a hole was cut out in the fender well to reach the one screw still holding the cover of the heater core in place I'm just glad I did't have to replace the heater fan. Buick must of made alot of money removing the fender to work on these parts.

Thanks alot
    Be good, If you can't, Don't get caught

[img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img] Hey Richard

I'm Just Glad I was able to HELP! You Out. That's What WE at buicks.net are here for. Also, I'm Glad You posted Your Correction of the Problem. Correspondence and Communication is the Key to making buick tech Work. There are probably a dozen other members who may be a little Bashfull or are Newbies who are reading the Posts and Gaining both Knowledge and Confidence.
    Just make sure You turn on the Heater again after a couple of Runs to make sure that You have the necessary Volumn and Capacity in Your Cooling/Heating System.
    If You happen to run into any other Problems, give Us a Shout. Enjoy Your Car. A '69 Skylark is a Pretty Sweet Ride. You never Mentioned what Type of Motor You have, but as luck would have it most Buick are set-up with the same type of Engineering as far as the heater hoses/core are set-up. Have Fun [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/beers.gif[/img]

Tom Gallagher [img]graemlins/shield.gif[/img]
    Thanking YOU, for YOUR Valued Cooperation and Experience in This Matter.

NOSTALGIA Is A DEVICE That REMOVES The RUTS and POTHOLES From MEMORY LANE.
    Tom Gallagher (BUICK BANSHEE)
    1956 Buick Special 2 Door H/Top 46R: Red & White
    Darlington Station, RI. 02861