- Buick 400, 430, 455 Engine Specifications
- Buick Staging Chart
- Differences Between 1970-71 And 1972 and Later Type Block
- Head Flow Chart
- Cam Button

Thread: KENNE BELL ROLLER ROCKERS??

HARVESTOROFSORROW79 Guest

Question

CURIOUS IF ANYONE KNOWS WHETHER OR NOT KENNE BELL ROLLER ROCKERS WILL FIT UNDER OEM VALVE COVERS??

The KB catalog states you need to order tall cast valve covers or their tall chrome valve covers. I have read of people doubling up on the gaskets with stock covers and RRs, but I have not seen it in person. I liked the tall cast covers with mine.
    Steve B.

67 GS 525 Buick Stage IV
    66 GS Convertible
    65 GS HT
    63 Riv
    02 Subaru WRX Turbo
    03 Ford Cobra Convertible (Factory Supercharged)

IVE GOT THE TALL KENNE BELL VALVE COVERS BUT I GUESS IM GONNA HAVE TO DO SOME CUTTING OF THE AC UNLESS YOU KNOW OF SOME ONE WHO HAS DONE THE SWAP IN A 81 REGAL WITH THEM AND IT WORKED?? IM ALSO LOOKING FOR A DOUBLE HUMP CROSSMEMBER SO MY HOOKER SUPER COMPS WORK BUT IM NOT HAVING ANY LUCK LOCATING ONE ON A 81-87 G BODY CAR. I THOUGHT THAT THE MONTE SS HAD THEM BUT MY BUD SAID NO. ANYONE DISAGREE??

well in case anyone cares the motor is in and fit snugly w/o cutting the ac out!!

That is good to know. I am wrestling with the what to do with rockers this winter and my '67 has a/c. I notice Crower cams makes a stainless rocker although they don't list Buick. I expect they fit them. I will be asking them if they will fit under the stock rocker cover.

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Thumbs up

[img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img] Hey, Harvest of Sorrow,

Thanks for Filling Us in and Congratulations on a Job Well Done! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] on Installing Roller Rockers on an A/C Equiped Buick without modification. Forwarding this type of Information is Very Important in the Buick Comunity.
    Apparently through Your Expertise and Ingenuity, the Buick Community is aware that this type of upgrade/modification Can be performed without any other type of fabrication, especially concerned with the close tolerences involved.
    Thanks for Your Valued Communication and Imput. Thanks to Your Efforts I'm sure more than a few Buick Enthusiasts will take advantage of this Upgrade.
    In order for this Modification to Operate Properly, Do You have to Install a New Drivers Seat with a Head-rest, so the Operator doesn't Snap their Neck completly Off and Loose Their Head (LOL) [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/beers.gif[/img]

Tom Gallagher [img]graemlins/shield.gif[/img]
    Thanking YOU, for YOUR Valued Cooperation and Experience in This Matter.

NOSTALGIA Is A DEVICE That REMOVES The RUTS and POTHOLES From MEMORY LANE.
    Tom Gallagher (BUICK BANSHEE)
    1956 Buick Special 2 Door H/Top 46R: Red & White
    Darlington Station, RI. 02861

You might be able to double-up the gaskets if the valvecover isn't good enough alone.

-Bob Cunningham