- Buick 400, 430, 455 Engine Specifications
- Buick Staging Chart
- Differences Between 1970-71 And 1972 and Later Type Block
- Head Flow Chart
- Cam Button

Thread: gas hand not working

charrise lane Guest

Question

the gas hand in my 75 buick is no longer working i tried re grounding the ground nothing happened when i disconnect wire in trunk the gas hand goes all the way over to full (when not connected) what should i do? with gas prices the way they are i cant afford to have a broken gas hand thanks!

where is the needle when hooked up? could just be stuck. Try simple things first, like buying at least a half tank of gas (good luck) and drive over some railroad tracks a few times! I'm hoping , for your sake thats all it is, but if it doesn't work it needs to have the sender checked.........hope this helps, I really am guessing at what is really going on when hooked up and driving?
    1973 Nova ,455 Buick (462 c.i.).........
    1972 Chevy Impala, 383 Stroker, Lunati this,Lunati that!! "Street" Radials........

charrise lane Guest

THE NEEDLE IS ON E WHEN HOOKED UP AND MOVES TO FULL WHEN I DISCONNECT WIRE TRIED FILLING TANK UP NOTHING HAPPENED, DISCONNECTED WIRE WHILE FULL OF GAS IT MOVES TO FULL DIS CONNECT AND IT GOES BACK DOWN TO E I PRICED A FLOAT FOR JUST OVER TEN BUCKS YOU THINK THAT MIGHT WORK?

It probably wouldn't hurt. I am about to do the same. Mine goes all over the place and sticks usually about half of my "REAL" level. Just something that's needed over time. Hope that it helps you out!! Anyone out there with suggestions? I could be missing something. Haven't been "active" for @4 years now and am a little rusty!!
    1973 Nova ,455 Buick (462 c.i.).........
    1972 Chevy Impala, 383 Stroker, Lunati this,Lunati that!! "Street" Radials........

You may have a ground problem in one of the connections. Either a ground has become disconnected or is not seated properly. There is an article on this site that will help you out. Check out this link http://www.buicks.net/techref/ftecref18.html
    If you go to the homepage and check out "Buick Shop" there are a number of interesting articles there. This one is found in the "Reference Series".
    Let us know how it turns out.

Doug
    67 Electra 225 Convertible
    BCA# 43125