- 1966 Wiring Diagrams
- 1967 Wiring Diagrams
- 1968 Wiring Diagrams
- 1972 Wiring Diagrams
- 1975 Wiring Diagrams

Thread: 1999 Buick Regal Engine Killing Turn Signals

slomo Guest

Angry

Yesterday when turning with my signal on the Service Engine light came on twice. Then when checking it out when I arrived home whenever the turn signals were put on this would kill the engine. At first the hazard signals didn't effect it but after a while this even killed the engine. We changed the alternater and Service Engine light sensor but the problem continues. I had recalls to replace the Low Beam Bulbs and Headlamp Aiming Device Horizontal Indicators performed in March and don't know if this could be the culprit. We are currently checking the grounding but are stumped.

is the car charging? how does it sound on restart (after it dies from turn signals).

skate28 Guest

Exclamation Same thing with my 98 Regal

I have a similar problem with my 98 Regal. My car went through a flood and it has had all sorts of problems. Now when I start the car, the idiot lights (ABS and Traction Control) come on and stay on. The speedometer goes crazy. But more importantly, the engine dies almost instantanously when I use the turn signals or turn on the lights. The battery is fine, but I know that there is some electrical problem going on and I just don't know what. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

uster Guest

Question turn signal killing engine

i also have similar issues with the turn signal causing error lights. am getting a air bag warning light to flash when using the turn signal, and reciently began causing the engine to die when signaling. lately, when starting am getting eronious dash lights to flicker and odomiter to flip between total miles, and trip miles when starting. after about 30 sec it all returns to normal but still havent used the turn signals. (dont need an air bag going off inadvertently) suspect it has to do with the ignition switch wiring, and or turn signal wiring in the colum, but unable to locate exact cause of problem, and would rather not start easter egging the repair.
    any and all good ideas would be most welcome.

RonLange Guest

badass problem

this car should have a "mysterious" electrical fire. then, take the insurance ***** and buy one with no gremlins. PROBLEM SOLVED! WOOHOO!

wsf Guest

Regals a real killer

Those buick Regals they really kill u with all da electric problems they got; once u start w one light u end up w da whole set of mysterious elect. problms and also newer mech. problms. I dunno abt da rest of the buicks but when u look at the car's wirings especially under the dashboard they're loose and limp da electricity isnt passing properly throught 'em; i retached and taped some wires and also detached some (i detached some wires by mistake; i didnt know where to put them back) but nuthin happened except my a/c fan started working agian (thought da fan needs 2 be changed). Trust me i got many problems and tried many things in my car but now she lies dead parked next 2 my house. peace

StressedOut Guest

Angry Engine Killing Turn Signals

I not too long ago had a very similar case with the turn signals killing the motor in my 1999 buick regal Ls. Just as soon as I would try to use them, the motor would die just like that. If the vehicle was moving, luckily I was able to put the vehicle in neutral, and start it right back up. All of these issues lasted for about a week before the car finally quit working period. Lucky for me, I was at home at the time. Through the ordeal, I've experienced other issues as a direct result of it....airbag dummy light coming on, sometimes staying on, tachometer giving erratic readings. Mileage not being displayed, not being able to take the vehicle out of park when the engine is running. And come to find out, the root of the problem is...the ignition switch. A nearly $400.00 dealership part. Needless to say, I am not a very happy camper. I have since then, filed a complaint with the Office of Defects Investigation (nhtsa)

Question 1990 Buick Century

speedometer quit working at 178,000 miles... does it have a cable running to the trans?

uster Guest

turn signal killing car possiable fix

had similar issues with the turn signal killing my 98 regal, went thru many girations and attempts, and finally replaced the wiring harness from the key to the connection under the dash. not convinced if this was the repair, but have not been having any problems. have noticed that after prelocking the car from within, then closing the door, and after outside, hitting the remote lock button, it will occasionally not start upon re-entering the car. about the only way have been able to start is to shift to neutral, push it back a few feet, and then slam it into park, and vowalla, it starts, just like its suppose to. have subsiquently learned not to lock from outside, and only use the interior button upon exiting the car.

but back to the turn signal, replace the wiring harness, and see if that isnt an inexpensive repair.......

Buster