From the Reference Section:
- Buick Cams from Kenne Bell, 252, 231, 225,198, 196
- 225 V-6 Engine Specifications
    - 2 Less = More, Stage II V-6
- The Baker Buick V-6

Thread: 1995 buick riviera

pengrove Guest

Check engine light just came on, and the cruse control went out at the same time. How do i pull codes off of this thing? Haynes dosent make a manual for this car. go figure! any help would be great. Thanks

Lawrence Mackey Guest

Wink

I also own a '95 Riviera. I can usually do most of the repairs myself once the problem is diagnosed. I have paid Buick dealers and other repair shops $40. to $60. to read the trouble codes and give me their diagnosis. I then go on to do the repairs myself. This has always worked for me until now. (see my post dated 12-24-04)
    The current diagnosis for my problem is to replace all of the parts that I have already replaced. As this dosen't make any sense, the real problem is somehow being overlooked. I'm trying things on my own to try to fix it.

Lawrence Mackey Guest

Wink

I also own a '95 Riviera. I can usually do most of the repairs myself once the problem is diagnosed. I have paid Buick dealers and other repair shops $40. to $60. to read the trouble codes and give me their diagnosis. I then go on to do the repairs myself. This has always worked for me until now. (see my post dated 12-24-04)
    The current diagnosis for my problem is to replace all of the parts that I have already replaced. As this dosen't make any sense, the real problem is somehow being overlooked. I'm trying things on my own to try to fix it.

Lawrence, I'm not 100% sure about your problem, but did you clear out all previous codes after you did the repairs? Seems to me that this step is necessary.
    Tom B
    65 Gran Sport

pengrove Guest

I cant even begin to list all of the things i have replaced on my Riv. Lets start with,, supercharger at 50k, warrenty covered that. Replaced engine at 96k with a use motor with 30k on it. Bought a used tranny after mine went at 120k ,, big mistake, should of had the old one rebuilt in the first place. So i put a junk yard tranny with 3k on it,, Ya right and the ****** had a valve seal leak. Pulling those trannies is no fun, and doing it twice tends to **** a man off. Control arm bushings, stabilizer bar bushings. The ABS module is not working so ABS light is on. No worries it runs with out ABS and TC just fine, but would like to have it. Currently at 131k I need to replace the struts , drive aXELS . Also my check engine light just came on at the same time my cruise control stoped working. I think its the servo, I reset the computer and i here something trying to do something in the dash, then check engine light comes back on. Out of all of this the dam thing is paid off aND I STILL LOVE IT. And the motor in it now has about 70k on it, tranny 2k fresh rebuild. So for fun im going to make this ****** screem. Im hoping to get 350 horse out of it and have some fun. Let the drive axels Fly.. LAter