- 1966 Wiring Diagrams
- 1967 Wiring Diagrams
- 1968 Wiring Diagrams
- 1972 Wiring Diagrams
- 1975 Wiring Diagrams

Thread: please help me!!!

ahartman84 Guest

Unhappy please help me!!!

I have been having trouble with my 97 lesabre. When it starts, it sometimes stalls when I am at red light or when it's just idling. When it stalls I have to wait about a half an hour before it starts back up. Sometimes it just doesn't even start. Could someone please give me some pointers on what could possibly be wrong? There haven't been any recalls on this car, has there?

check your fuel pump to insure it is still working, and check you fuel pump silanode in the fuse box under your hood.

Cool fuel pump

I agree, I have a 94 century that had a similar problem last year. Quick and simple test. Next time it dies. Turn off all electrical items in the car (radio, heater/ac fan, etc.) to make it as quiet as possible. Then turn the key to ON but DON"T start the engine...and listen. You should hear the fuel pump whirr for about 2 seconds before shutting off. If you don't hear anything or only hear a click (followed by a possible 2nd click), then it's your fuel pump, maybe the solenoid. Check the solenoid first as it's cheaper and easier to get to, then go after the big fix w/ the pump. Not sure if you're comfortable with disconnecting your high-pressure fuel lines, dropping the gas tank and replacing the pump yourself. I did it and it wasn't too bad but I recommend having at least one person help you with the tank as it's heavy!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.