- 1964 Wiring Diagrams
- 1966 Wiring Diagrams
- 1967 Wiring Diagrams
- 1968 Wiring Diagrams
- 1972 Wiring Diagrams
- 1975 Wiring Diagrams

Thread: '93 PA electrical gremlins

kc73 Guest

first some background... recently i replaced the batt and starter on this '93 park ave. while at the parts store i had to have a jump plus the new batt to get the starter to kick over enough to get started. (needed to get home to change the starter) with all the juice i think i damaged something. here is my prob, the alarm would go off for no reason, the trunk opens by itself, the radio comes on by itself as well the map lights. i unhooked neg batt cable to reset the computer and the alarm and radio have not gone off since, but the trunk still opens by itself. this is all while sitting in the parking lot at work. i have pulled the codes and only get "12" over and over. sorry for the long post, but does anyone have a clue to my problem? p.s. all systems work the way they should, just that the ones i mentioned work by themselves also.

I had a very similar problem with the trunk on my ford. Driving down the road, or when the stereo was really loud, it would just fly open, it actually got me into an accident! I replaced every part (latch, striker, power actuator, etc.)
    Before you go doing the same, try to disconnect the wires to the actuator that pops the truck. If this fixes it, you know where your problem is. If not, I'm gonna say that its the latch that is defective and it was just a coincidence that this problem started at the same time as your other troubles.

Good luck.

Ben

kc73 Guest

thanks... at 165,000 miles the trunk latch could have a little wear. i will check it out.