- 1967 Wiring Diagrams
- 1968 Wiring Diagrams
- 1972 Wiring Diagrams
- 1975 Wiring Diagrams
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help with rear shocks on 73 buick electra 225

Chad73 Guest

Question

Ok, I found two items on ebay. I just wanted to make sure these would work for my 73 buick electra and which would be the best bet for my car:

1. MONROE SHOCKS 1PAIR #5802 GAS MATIC PLUS-NEW

2. Gabriel Air Shocks Caprice Police Pontiac GTO 39131

and also, does 130$ a piece sound correct for a price on control arms? I can't find any online and that's the price my mechanic gave me.

Chad

Chad73 Guest

also, I had my radio stolen and for some reason they took the woodgrain trim around it as well. anyone know where I can get a hold of one of these? or is it time to hit the junkyards?

JSF Guest

I dont know about the shocks but I would belive that the junk yard is the best place to look for new wood trim. I have a 73 Electra 225 also but the shocks are way done on my things I need to fix list. Would you happen to know how to remove the head light swicth. I belive you have to remove the plastic knob and slide it back oot but I cant get the knob off. would you happen to know

sergio Guest

Chad73, Check classicbuicks.com They are asking $87 per side for the control arm with bushings. Also, Try Ken Reeves with Wheatbelt Buick @ 580.855.2449 for the radio faceplate. Regarding shocks... I just installed air shocks on the rear in my '63 Rivi. I did this because the springs are weak and I thought they could use some help. I personally do not like the air shocks and will replace them in the near future with gas-matics and new springs. I put the gas-matics in my wife's Furd Expedition and they seem to do a good job. I don't know about the exact part numbers, btw. Check the Monroe website.

Lightbulb

There is a spring-loaded pushbutton on the body of the light switch on the back side of the dash. The drawing in the shop manual is not too specific, but the button looks like it might be on top by itself. By pushing this button, the knob and shaft will come out of the switch.

Then the trim piece has to be removed on the front that surrounds the switch opening. After this plate is out of the way, there is a hex nut to remove from the front. Then the switch body will pull free from behind.

The manual warns to disconnect the battery before starting this procedure.
    What has been, can be again. (Bob Wills, 1942)

Originally posted by Chad73:
    also, I had my radio stolen and for some reason they took the woodgrain trim around it as well. anyone know where I can get a hold of one of these? or is it time to hit the junkyards?
    Do you know if it is the same as a '73 Riv? If so I know where there is one in a bone yard not to far from here.
    Glenn

Chad73 Guest

from what I'm told it is the same. mine has a clock, one vent and a stereo hole. I know some have gauges in em. Mine does not. thanks, if you can help!

Chad73 Guest

any help would be great, I've had a tough time finding one around here in the auto wrecking yards. it seems no one has older cars in their yards. and wheatbelt buick didnt have one.

you might want to call memory lane in sun valley calif. the whole yard is nothing but old timey cars.

You could also try Ken Schmidt at the Buick Bonery in Sacramento 916-381-5271

Tom Gallagher
    Thanking YOU, for YOUR Valued Cooperation and Experience in This Matter.

NOSTALGIA Is A DEVICE That REMOVES The RUTS and POTHOLES From MEMORY LANE.
    Tom Gallagher (BUICK BANSHEE)
    1956 Buick Special 2 Door H/Top 46R: Red & White
    Darlington Station, RI. 02861