Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Rebuild 231 or by 350

Decision for you

Now is the time to decide whether you want power and performance or do you want stock, good gas mileage and economy. I'm thinking, you want to be young again and display your power but are afraid to do so because of what your wife might think. I say be yourself and to hell with what anybody thinks, Explore your dreams and make it happen. You deserve your passion, make it happen. You only live once. Put a Wildcat 425HP engine it. it will look like a sleeper, but will run way from anyone that opposes you.

Quote Originally Posted by Don's 77 Sky View Post
    I appreciate your suggestions, I in a way your right I don't want to go through the hassle of getting another motor, I like the V6 it just needs some umph, it has nothing off the line but on the freeway it runs like nobodies business. The motor has 90+ thousand miles and its doe for build, and I have looked on the web for parts but its been a struggle to find 231 specific parst. Maybe I will just have to go to my local shop and see if they can help me on getting some performance. I do like milage..and the way the price of gas is going...I want to keep it...thanks again.

I'm a bit old for the Dairy Queen scene and I am sure my wife would not like me checking out sceniory.
    ============================
    Don:

If you haven't completed this project by now then:

If maintaining a stock look for you is not important, and you want power AND milage, go get a complete (With all the items necessary for Plug in and Run operation), Chevy, LS1, 6, or 2, and you can have the best of both worlds. They are getting very cheap on ebay or the wrecking yards, they are also aluminum (Light) at about 425 pounds.

It would beat just about anything else you could put in your car for the Money Spent vs. Horse Power and the Efficiency Gain for Milage.

I have a 600 + N/A LS3 that will get 20- 26 + MPG on the highway. (The spread is big because my Right Foot gets artificially heavy at times.)

I would like to hear other thoughts on this option?

Thanks,

Ty
    Last edited by tyoneal; 08-23-2009 at 01:40 PM. Reason: add more information

There are various fitment issues going from a V6 to a V8.

Did you know that the Buick 252 V6 would swap in nicely as if it were your stock engine adding additional cubic inches and with the performance enhancements available could be a nice efficient powerhouse.
    All you might have to beef up are the trans internals, and all the stock accessories will fit!