Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1960 Disc Brake conversion

sergio, did u put a proportioning valve on your setup?

camccardell, how's your disc conversion coming? Thinking about sending them my spindles this fall. Is yours done yet?

sergio Guest

Smile proportioning valve

I am using a proportioning valve on my setup. Even though it would have been easier to skip the proportioning valve, I wanted to take advantage of the valve. I am wiring the brake warning lamp to the exisiting parking brake circuit. The valve also reduces the line pressure to the front disc brakes to prevent them from locking up before the rear drums hit lockup. The car brakes about as well as any modern car (sans ABS of course). Plus, discs beneath my Rally wheels look pretty sweet. I think the next upgrade will be Wildwood calipers.

I have recieved my spindles back from scarebird and also recieved the brackets. Working very well, excepy my tie rod bracket got lost in transit, so I am waiting on a new one.

Bolted together bery well, just had to a little bit of grinding and drilling.
    I send my work back to him, and the new brackets will probably be perfect bolt ons.

Chris

Sounds good, Chris - keep us posted. I'm pretty sure I'll do the same thing this winter with my '60 LeSabre (along with a million other things...).
    Bill Lynch
    '60 LeSabre Convertible
    '59 Olds Super 88 4dr Hardtop
    '58 Chevy Delray Sedan Delivery (ex-Yellowstone Park car)
    '68 Nova
    Chicago Gearheads Car Club

Angry

still waiting on my missing steering arm, and I cannot find a replacement, and am getting rather frustrated. Anyone have any idea on where to get one? or mabye you could let me borry yours, and I could make a casting mold and cast a new one
    anyway I am still sitting around and still frustrated, any help would be appreciated.

Chris

Chris, I was wondering how your disc-swap came out? I finally just finished mine, it worked great. I used Scarebird's brackets, which worked out great with very minor adjustments. I'll start another thread soon and include all of my part numbers and info to make it a bit easier to follow for the next guy.
    Last edited by Hobart; 05-26-2007 at 08:57 AM.