Thread: HELP! Wiper switch removal

Hey everyone.. I'm re doing my dash in my '56 Special. I have tried everything I can to remove the wiper switch so I can repaint the dash and have failed! PLEASE anyone that can help me out I would really appreciate it! This is my first Buick .. I am only 23 :0) I'm really enjoying the Build.

Thanks in advance!

Heidigirl.. thanks for the PM but unfortunately there is no set screw as in your Olds.. Thanks for the try!

[img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img] 56 Hardtop!

How U Doin?

What Model do You Own? Special/Century or Super/Roadmaster?

I personally have not performed this operation. But I am Familiar with the '56's Exquisite Dash!
    I know that You would hate to marr, scratch or dent it, in an attempt to Remove that stubborn Switch Housing. [img]graemlins/clonk.gif[/img]

Eastwood www.eastwood.co has several interior trim removal tools in their catalog that would probably meet your needs. The Tool that I'm referring to is called a retaining nut tool #52063 which would probably be the correct tool for the job. There are other tools in the catalog, that may fit You Particular application.

Take a look and see if you can find the correct tool for your needs and you may find others that You would fancy.

I realize that we all hate to spend the bucks for a "special tool" but then again you don't want to have to resort to a hammer and chisel, a dull spoon or bent screw screwdriver or a sawsall, Dremmel and such, and then really get ticked off and loose control and do something that you will later regret. [img]graemlins/smash.gif[/img]

I had some stuck, rusted, frozen brake drums that would not budge. I saw the eastwood Brake drum removal tool and bought it. with the S&h it probably cost me 60 bucks. It worked like a charm [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] and I didnt damage the drums $120. buck replacement item That is also something to take into consideratin: the Cost of a Replacement Switch and Housing (If You can Find One!)

Sometimes the cost of certain advantages are a necessary evil.

Eastwood has a lot of outstanding products . I think it would be well worth Your While to check out the online catalog and see for Yourself. I think that there will be other items in the catalog that you would want to put on You Wich List!

For Future Reference, Please let US know how You Make out. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Regards and Happy Hunting! [img]graemlins/beers.gif[/img]

Tom Gallagher
    Thanking YOU, for YOUR Valued Cooperation and Experience in This Matter.

NOSTALGIA Is A DEVICE That REMOVES The RUTS and POTHOLES From MEMORY LANE.
    Tom Gallagher (BUICK BANSHEE)
    1956 Buick Special 2 Door H/Top 46R: Red & White
    Darlington Station, RI. 02861