Thread: brake lines

It apears the vendors( Kanter and in-line) will not sell single pieces--can`t really blame them. I only need the front two pieces for my 57. Does anyone know of a vendor that would? I will make my own if need be, but the pre-bent stuff is so nice. Maybe someone has a set they were going to use and no longer needs them or someone needs the back parts and we can share----Thanks [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img] Hey Bebop,

In the Past I have Used Inline Tube , www.inlinetube.com 800-385-9452 Tech 586-532-1338 With fabulous results, Great Fit like a glove, Stainless Steel and Supurb Service.2 day delivery. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

All Pre-Formed to Original Specifications. Fuel line was $110 the break lines $170 for my '56
    Your '57 may be a bit different.

Do It Once, Do it Right and You won't ever have to worry about it again, at least not in our lifetime. [img]graemlins/hurray.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/shield.gif[/img] Tom Gallgher [img]graemlins/shield.gif[/img]
    Thanking YOU, for YOUR Valued Cooperation and Experience in This Matter.

NOSTALGIA Is A DEVICE That REMOVES The RUTS and POTHOLES From MEMORY LANE.
    Tom Gallagher (BUICK BANSHEE)
    1956 Buick Special 2 Door H/Top 46R: Red & White
    Darlington Station, RI. 02861

Hi Tom, I did check with in-line but they will not sell single pieces--I only need the the front two pieces that go from the frame block to the right and left sides.The rest I have to make myself as we made all the mods to open up the driveline. In-Line wants $185 for the seven piece set and I only need two---but that one that goes from the frame block to the pass side is a PITA to make yourself. I will try and we will see what happens. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Bebop,

I Know on my'56 there are a few bends that look like a corkscrew. Like You so apropriately said a real PITA. To bend those lines like that would be quite a test for even the most compitent and seasoned mechanic. And the location is directly before the line goes through the frame. Working in a confined area and bending the lines in a small diameter/circumference.Not a good combination.

Tom Gallagher

I have found the Eastwood benders to be quite nice. I have modified them to accept a fitting close in so that you can bend tight to the fitting like you occasionally find on OE type installations. You would also need a good quality "double flare" tool. These, with a 25' roll of tube would probably set you back close to what a tube manufacturer would charge, but you would be ready for the next time!

Hey Shoprat,

I have Found Eastwood Products to be quite Exceptional.
    They have a wide range of Quality Specialty Tools at reasonalble prices.
    I have bought their Brake Drum Removal Tool and Alden Open-End Ratchet Wrenches which were made to compress pressure fittings in tight spaces.
    I'm quite impressed and I'm hard to Please.

Tom Gallagher