Thread: brakes help!

Howdy all,
    long time, no post!
    I've gots problems.. and I need help. My brake pedal on my 1950 46s (special) is very stiff. push it in... it stays in.. pull it out.. well, you get the idea.
    This all happens even with it diconnected from the cylinder and with the spring removed. There isnt a grease nipple on it as far as I can tell.. but there is one on the clutch pivot.. directly on the other side of the frame. Its also very hard to get off... I was hoping to just get under there and bore it out a bit.
    Any ideas?
    Does the clutch nipple work the brake too?
    Any tricks to removing the pedal?
    I was hoping to get on the road again tomorrow.. and it's going to be too soggy to take the bike.
    Thanks!
    proud owner of a 1950 fastback daily runner

My wrecks are all '51 up, but I expect their the same. I just went over to my shop and had a look, but it was at automatics. The brake pedal just has a tightening bolt which you can loosen, them pry it off the end of the shaft. Remove the link to the master cylinder on the other end. Then on these there are three bolts that allow you to remove the bracket to make the repair easy. There is a grease nipple on the underside near the brake pedal. Have a close look, maybe yours is broken off. I would be surprised if yours didn't have a nipple.

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Aaak..
    the brake lever has no pinch bolt (like the manual says it should) and no grease nipple.
    Ive got it almost out. the shaft that both the brake and clutch are on seems to be attached to the brake lever. .. but it does have a grease nipple on the clutch side. It runs from the brake, through the frame through the braket that atteches to the frame.. through the clutch lever. this is making removal very difficult. there isnt enough room between the frame and header to get it out.
    Shouldnt the lever be independent of the shaft?
    Do I have some sort of rigged system? Anybody know itf maybe the '49s are like this too?
    proud owner of a 1950 fastback daily runner