- 1964-1967 SP400 Parts Images
- How to wire the Switch Pitch on a Buick Transmission
    - 400 auto codes
- BOP Bellhousings and Automatic Identification

Thread: Transmission alignment

Hello everyone,
    I installed my 264 motor today and of course i screwed up the transmission alignment [img]graemlins/angry.gif[/img] .I did use an alignment tool,but being a perpetual screw up,I apparently did it wrong.Do you guys know any tricks to keep me from pulling the engine back out in the morning?As always thanks in advance for helping the Neandertal.

iddie

Are you playing with a standard transmission and refering to the clutch alignment tool? If so, and you managed to get the engine in, transmission alignment won't be the problem.

Please describe your problem further.

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Hello bob,
    yes,I have a 3 speed,and I've moved it a little bit closer to mating.I put in a new clutth & pressure plate.I think the splines are being stubborn,but I did make a little progress today.Thanks for responding to my post for help.
    iddie

OK, you haven't bolted the engine up yet. You're having problems with the alignment. Even when you use an alignment tool, you must be carefull to center it. Now loosen all the pressure plate bolts to where you think it won't quite let go of the disc. Then play with it a bit, maybe the disc will shift into place for you.

If this doesn't work and you lift the engine out again, take the clutch off, and put the disc on the input shaft of the trany to make sure it fits nicely.

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Thank you very much,bob.I'll play around with it for a while longer.
    iddie

bob,
    I finally got it bolted up. [img]graemlins/hurray.gif[/img] I hope it works.Thanks again for helping me.
    iddie