Thread: Photo Documentation for 1953 Special, 2-door

Dan the Upholstery Man Guest

Can anyone suggest a good source for interior photos and/or NOS fabric? The seats in this car were reupholstered, loosing the original design. Also, I'm curious about the quality of after- market headliners if anyone has used them. Thanks, Dan

If you get desperate, I have a '53 4dr parts car in the yard. I could photograph the interior and send you the pics.

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Thank you Bob. I have the original door panels and headliner. I'd just need a pic of the seats. I'll try to locate some documentation. If that doesn't pan out I will definately take you up on your offer.

Regarding parts, I need a couple of things. Would you have a tail light lense and the bottom body trim for the left side?

Try SMS Auto Fabrics for the NOS materials. Their phone number is (503) 234-1175. If you want someone to sew up the seat upholstery, try www.autoupholsterykits.com .

Thanks. I have asked SMS for samples. I'll be doing my own upholstery and need photos of seat patterns. The front bench is not original and the back is a plain economy style. I understand there were interior upgrades as options for this model. That's the info I'm looking for.

Bob, I'm not having any luck finding interior pics or a restoration guide for a '53 Special, so I'm going to take you up on your offer to snap a couple pics from yours. I have the original door panels so all I need is the seats - front and back.

Thank you, this will be a big help.

Dan

No problem, I actually took my camera over to the shop two days ago to take some pics and then didn't! It's too dark now, I'll try tomorrow, but if you don't hear from me shortly drop me a note! You can use the private message thingy up there [img]graemlins/banana.gif[/img]

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!