Thread: WTB: 3rd seat for my wagon!

Hey everyone... I'm looking for a folding, rear-faceing, third seat for my '62 Buick Invicta Station Wagon. A few people have mentioned that any other '61-'64 full-size GM car SHOULD work, but I haven't found another wagon with a 3rd seat to confirm that.

If you have information, have a seat, or if you know where one is that I could buy, please let me know by posting here or emailing me. If you have access to another GM wagon and would be generous enough to take measurements I'd truly appreciate the help!

I've called and emailed about 100 bone yards specializing in 60's GM cars to no avail. At least 10 of them were specificly Buick yards. I've always asked if they knew of someone that might have one, but the leads haven't turned anything up.

Eric
    ehibbs@nuteltech.com
    Eric Hibbs<BR>Southern Utah<P>'31 Ford Tudor street rod<BR>'60 Chevy Bel-Air<BR>'62 Buick Invicta Wagon<BR>

Try Neil Freeman at (406) 287-5436. He is part of a group of old car salvage yards in Montana and he will work with you. I have had very good luck with him and he has always treated me fairly. Good luck with your project.
    Best Regards,
    Ron

Thanks Ron. I haven't been able to get a hold of him yet, but in case anyone else is wondering, the website is www.fremansauto.com

I'll keep trying, and if anyone comes up with a seat please let me know!
    Eric Hibbs<BR>Southern Utah<P>'31 Ford Tudor street rod<BR>'60 Chevy Bel-Air<BR>'62 Buick Invicta Wagon<BR>

Hello Eric.
    The reason that you cannot get ahold of Neil Freeman is that he is currently in Seattle. He is going to come down here tomorrow to drop off some interiors for patterns, and then head on to California for a few days. I'm sure that if you leave him a message he will get back to you when he returns home. He has always been very good about returning his calls from me.
    Best Regards,
    Ron

I finally reached Neil after a month of calling and a few emails. Very nice guy. He doesn't have anything for me yet, but thinks he can find something for me.

He told me he knows another guy who has a '62 Invicta Wagon that's going to use it for a derby car. I told Neil "I'll shoot him, you grab the car."

Hello Eric.
    Maybe Neil can get the third seat from that car for you before it goes to the derby. I really doubt that the car will ever need it again. Let me know your progress. If you need the seat reupholstered (when you finally get it), let me know. I would be happy to make the new upholstery for you.
    Best Regards,
    Ron

Thanks again Ron. After looking at your website, I definitly plan on using you. To those of you who haven't looked at Ron's site yet, go there! I can't beleive all of the things you offer, several of which I've been looking for for years.

I have a '60 Chevy Bel-Air, 2 door post. ANYTHING for the car has been impossible to find, but now I know where to get my interior!!!