Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any ideas 2?

Cool

Bob, if you can think of any means for the library I have to generate income for the site, I would be willing. I have thought about asking those who receive info packs of scanned/faxed/mailed data for a site donation after they receive the help. Some have told me shop manual pages have literally saved them a lot of money. With others, it gives them a sense of confidence and mastery to just understand how the car is built. They sometimes have to take it in anyway for repairs that are beyond their skill level.

Included are 95% of the shop manuals and body manuals from 1934-2001, 100% of the radio diagrams/service info from the late 30s-early 80s, a fairly good set of parts manuals from 1928-2001, the floppy disk catalogs Buick sent out to prospective buyers in the late 80s, a bunch of dealer showroom brochures from 1961-2001, dealer albums for 1989-90-92-93, paint chips for 1955-59 with some later ones, most service bulletin manuals from 1941-74, tons of MOTOR and Chilton's repair and flat rate manuals from 1936-86, an array of Buick Flat Rate manuals 1942-66, some NADA and Kelley Blue Book Used Car Value Guides 1950-present, AACA Magazine 'Antique Automobile' from 1966 to present, Cars & Parts magazine from 1979 to present, Consumer Reports Buying Guides from 1966 to present, a hodgepodge of other GM/Ford/Packard shop manuals from 1948 to 86, Buick Know-How dealership mechanic training manuals, GM training manuals (mostly Chevy) on transmissions, engines, transmissions, A/C, brakes, wipers, electrical systems.

About $2500. has been invested in the last 18 months to bulk up on Buick-only items. Not all of it is in pristine condition, but it is usable. This many printed Buick resources may not all be together in very many places. Dealerships won't keep the oldest stuff, clubs won't have the newest things yet, the factory (if it has all this stuff) doesn't offer a channel to help those in our audience. Input from any other readers is welcome as well.

Todd,

Needless to say, you and your library are a tremendous asset to this site!!! There would be nothing wrong with suggesting they consider a support payment, though I don't know if many would come through.

I notice our "classifieds" gets quite a bit of traffic, and frequently ads are deleted. I think it is safe to assume that those people have sold their items. One person even gave us a great big thankyou for selling his $35,000 car within days of posting it, but no donation! Whenever someone deletes an ad, they are asked to support the site and presented with a button similar to the ones at the top and bottom of these pages.

While reading your posting, I was wondering if at least all the moderators were to edit thier profiles and modify their "signatures" to request site support. I have modified my signature to reflect this idea and notice that in order for it to be displayed I have to remember to click on the "Show Signature" under the "Reply" window when making a posting.

If any moderators would like to try adding the code to their signatures, click here for a copy and past code. It will open a new window with the code in it.

------------------
    Support this site, CLICK HERE!

NailheadRiv Guest

I am new to this site and was glad to assist with a donation; however I am a little dissapointed with the zero responce I have received on a couple of questions I have posted for my 66 Riviera. One was on the drive shaft and I did receive a responce to it. The other two were for custom tires and wheels and if a right side view mirror was available for the 66 Riviera. As i mentioned before your site appears a well as others and I hope it will remain available. I work for the FAA and when I travel out of town sites like this become hotel room enterainment. Keep up the exchange of ideas; I believe the site will make it. I mentioned the Pontiac site in an other posting and have revisited that site since. I beleive they have Ames as a sponcer. May up front fees for classifieds would work if the fees were reasionable. The site does specialize Buick and may be worth it for those who have Buicks and parts for sale.

Thanks for hearing me

------------------

NailheadRiv
    66 Riviera

NailheadRiv Guest

Unhappy

Where did everyone go? No one has talked on this subject since 11/27. Its up to Buick oweners to help keep a site that works for our Buicks. Don't quit now; lets get the money meeter going.

------------------

NailheadRiv
    66 Riviera

jnorth Guest

I did my part .

------------------
    Jim North
    1971 Skylark Convertible
    1971 Chevelle Convertible
    My lame website