Thread: is it possible

buick307 Guest

I have one of those friends that is well to put it in away a moron. Someone who is annoying and doesn't shut up about his car he had half the people in the county work on to get it to run. He just don't shut up and i want to know if you can build a 307 that has a overdrive transmission that is in a car that weighs damn near 4000lbs beat a 69 pontiac lemon that has a chevy 350 bored .030 and a manual valve body 350.

j84buick Guest

The 307 is not considered a good starting foundation. I think mainly because a 350 will bolt right up in your car and is cheaper and better supported in the aftermarket. Believe me, this car was made for a Small Block Chevy!

The 307 can be built up, but it will cost you. And probably eventually you will wish you have more cubes to work with...

------------------
    My 1984 Buick LeSabre

[This message has been edited by j84buick (edited 08-28-2001).]

shadrach Guest

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by buick307:
    I have one of those friends that is well to put it in away a moron. Someone who is annoying and doesn't shut up about his car he had half the people in the county work on to get it to run. He just don't shut up and i want to know if you can build a 307 that has a overdrive transmission that is in a car that weighs damn near 4000lbs beat a 69 pontiac lemon that has a chevy 350 bored .030 and a manual valve body 350. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

All depends on how much money you wanna spend...and how long you want your engine to last. I've seen grudge matches like this lead to a "saturday night build" with a converter, shift kit, bigger cam , and nitrous, and for less than, you can beat about anything on the street....however....if the WHOLE drivetrain is not gone through, this usually leads to **** breaking, and more money than "who can **** the furthest" is relly worth.....and....you're buddy's lemon may be a real contender. Hard to say. I had a firebird a few years ago that looked like roadkill...smashed quarter panel....ugly steelies, cracked windshield, but it had a '66 327 under the hood making around 430hp, and it ran 12's in the 1/4(woulda been quicker, but I had 205/75/14 Uniroyals on it, and they didn't like to hook till about halfway down the track), so be careful.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.