Thread: Buy a '73 Centurion 'vert?

ckrivin Guest

Question

Buick Folks:
    This weekend I ran across a 1 owner documented numbers matching 455 Centurion 'vert w/ac for sale. (has orig window sticker). The car needs brakes and a top, and needs quarter panels and front right fender due to rust. But appears solid underneath, starts and runs. Asking price: 700.00. Has special order red paint, excellent black interior, "reverse folding" white top, fiberglass boot, some other unusual options. What do you guys think? Worth investing 5K in bodywork, or should I let him sell it for parts? Thanks!!!
    --Craig

Thumbs up

[img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img] Hey Craig!

I see that You are a new Member: Welcome Aboard! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    The '73 Centurion is certainly worth SERIOUS Consideration for Restoration. In Fact, Just recently I had conversation with another Member who has decent has a 73 Centurion Body. I know that he has the body parts you need. Also check in the Classifieds Section of www.buicks.net and I believe there is a listing. If You want to get in touch with the Fellow Member. He is only interested in the motor and maybe the trans. the rest is up for grabs. He was just going to send it to the crusher, but I told him that there was a market for a 73 Centurion. I had communication with him regarding this exact subject just 4 weeks ago.
    The car has a 455 that runs, and the 73 was that last year of production (71-73) of the short lived Centurion Nameplate. A restorable '73 Centurion convert is worth 1250. The interior is Respectable and Useable as is. The Car has a lot of Plusses. There were only 5,739 '73 Converts made and it is positively worth restoring. I sincerely hope/Implore, that YOU decide to save another Classic Buick Convertable from Extinction!
    Just finding a running 455, buy itself is quite unusual. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/beers.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/shield.gif[/img] Tom Gallagher [img]graemlins/shield.gif[/img]
    Thanking YOU, for YOUR Valued Cooperation and Experience in This Matter.

NOSTALGIA Is A DEVICE That REMOVES The RUTS and POTHOLES From MEMORY LANE.
    Tom Gallagher (BUICK BANSHEE)
    1956 Buick Special 2 Door H/Top 46R: Red & White
    Darlington Station, RI. 02861

Koowip Guest

Hey I'm the guy that just got a '73 Centurion from my grandpa. Tom's right; I just want the motor and tranny for my mud truck. I'll let anything else from it go. Gramps let it go the last couple of years and now there is rust on just about every panel except a few, and the rust that is there is all the way through. There are only little rust places, but the stuff that is there is bad. I don't have a digi cam as of right now, but if you are interested in anything off of the car (badges, wood dash e.t.c.) I can probably scrounge up something to take a few pics with. I am going to keep the motor and tranny; everything related with them (radiator, driveshaft, etc), the "455" badges on the fenders, and the Buick logos. Everything else is either going to get parted out, car sold complete, and if by next summer the car isn't gone, it's going in a demo derby. Maybe you should grab a trailer and just come get the whole thing for a parts car for your 'vert...I'll make it REAL cheap...