Thread: Finding a 65 Skylark screen in the LA area

Gents,

Will a '64 Riviera windshield fit my '65 Skylark 2 door post sedan? it's starting to delanminate - at anything over 60 mph it starts to fog badly round the edges. Kinda dangerous if you think about it!!

I have an option on a '64 Riviera windshield for free from my local bodyshop doing a full job on the Riv. I guess I'll have to get it cut down but does anyone know if the curvature is right?

I could always lay it on and see but I don't want to bother the bodyshop guy if it will be a waste of time.

anyone know?

best regards
    <br />'65 Skylark 2 door post with plans for a 425 dual quad and switch pitch but in need of pretty much everything - what have u?!

Wink

Sorry, Nick, that Riviera windshield won't fit.
    Even if it would by "trimming" it, you run the risk of breaking it if you do.
    You can still get a brand new windshield to fit your Skylark, even a tinted one.
    They are the same ones used in every 64-65 (and 66-67, I believe) GM midsized cars like Chevelles, GTO's, etc.
    Call some local glass shops and check.
    Some shops will even come out to you and install it while you watch.
    I got one once for right around 100 bucks delivered and installed.
    A pair of 65 Super Wildcat 425 dual quad two door hardtops and a 65 Wildcat four door sedan

HI dualqwad,

Thanks for the reply. Shame though!!

100 bucks is about the install price for a screen here in England!!, let alone purchase. The replacement Riv screen was about $1000!! [£650 UK]. I paid £400 for a Corvette screen 3 years ago!

If you know somewhere I can get a screen for $100 I'd be interested. I may have someone with a container coming out of LA sometime shoon.

Best regards
    Nick
    <br />'65 Skylark 2 door post with plans for a 425 dual quad and switch pitch but in need of pretty much everything - what have u?!

I may have someone with a container coming out of LA sometime soon.
    Can you have this person pick up (and pack up) a windshield here and put it in the container before he ships it?
    The windshields can be ordered through almost any auto glass shops in and around L.A.
    It will probably run less than $100.00 if you don't need it installed.
    A pair of 65 Super Wildcat 425 dual quad two door hardtops and a 65 Wildcat four door sedan

Smile

Hi dualqwad -

Who was it that had a container coming out of LA? And where was it going to?

$100 for a screen is fine!!

best regards
    NcikS [img]smile.gif[/img]

Heuh??? you said that!!!
    Originally posted by Nick Stratta:
    HI dualqwad,
    I may have someone with a container coming out of LA sometime shoon.

Best regards
    Nick
    Grease monkey and proud to be one!VISIT MY WEBSITE HERE

Roadmouse,

I did, it's true!
    [img]redface.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/clonk.gif[/img]
    I'll have to chase on that one - A friend had one coming out of Miami recently. I'm seeing the 'LA' guy Wednesday so I'll follow up.

best regards
    nickS

Hi DualQwad and all,

It's container time from LA again!!! And I'd like to get this $100 front windshield for my '65 Skylark shipped in it.

Let me explain more, the shop where I have all my cars regularly serviced etc is good friends with LimeWorks Speed Shop in Greenleaf ave Whitter, LA. The owner here [of North American Motors in Farnborough Hants, UK] is a big hot rod fan as is the owners of LimeWorks, Steve, who is also a Brit [hence the name - from Limey].

They go over regularly sourcing cars and parts and stuff a container and offer me space in it if I need.

They have one coming back shortly and have agreed to let me ship the screen and a few other items at my risk.
    So, how do I go about finding this screen- does anyone have any contacts I can chase down to have a screen delivered, boxed to LimeWorks please?

Many thanks all in advance

best regards
    Nick

PS - I'm also after a set of 65 Skylark GS exhaust manifolds, oil pan, dipstick pick up tube and 401 radiator if anyone knows of any going.