Thread: 1964 buick skylark restoration

oldiebutgoodie Guest

I'm currently restoring my 64 skylark and was wondering if anyone knows where i can get a parts interchange manual. One of the things I was looking for was a clutch linkage for it and was wondering if the 64 chevelle clutch linkage would work. If someone could help me out I would appreciate it.
    thanks

oldarguy Guest

Thumbs up

Not for sure on the clutch linkage, however ,I have found that most hard parts such as those pretty much interchange between the early GM A-bodies. Quick trick to try would be to call different salvage yards w/ applications and see if they come up w/ same Hollander part #. Try Motorsport books (someting like that ) for exchange manuals .Can sometimes find Hollander's on E-bay. If your not fanatical about the all original thing , Car Craft or Hot Rod magazine had an article about building your own using spherical rod ends w/ threaded stock, etc Pretty sure they've got web sites where you could chase the thread........Quick question for you; what is the difference between a 64 Skylark and a 64 Special ? Isn't the Special an 'option " based on the 'lark?