Hi everyone,
Glad to be a part of this group! I am looking at a 62 Skylark convertible here in So Cal: Body is pretty straight (The driver side door is kind of low but I've heard you can fuss with the hinge and raise it--yes???) and there is hardly any rust to speak of. The interior is pretty clean and in nice condition. The top and the top engine are new--except did this year come with a headliner? Engine starts up right away and it looks pretty clean--no leaks.
The things that need to be done in my humble opinion are new springs and shocks for the back (and probably the front); the heater control doesn't even move; turn signal kind of sticks; the steering wheel pulls to the right (I do know the alignment is off as the right front tire is bald on the corner)and has some play; and the brakes seem to be tweeked a bit although he says the pads were just replaced 2years ago. I don't know they just don't seem to feel right--pumping sort of helped before I drove, but not much. Anyway, do these things seem like expensive fixes?
I can pick it up for $4000. Any advice or comments would be appreciated......