From the Reference Section:
- Auto Refinishing, featuring Brian Martin
- Body Cross Reference,A,B,C...
- 1967 Hood Scoop Installation Pattern

Thread: Engine paint

bebopalula Guest

Hey there. Does anyone know where to find "Apple Green" engine paint in a spray can, for 1956 322 V8.

You can get the correct color from Eastwood, www.eastwoodco.com or Cars Inc, www.oldbuickparts.com or www.classicbuicks.com. All have what they term as the correct green for that year. I'm not sure which color is more "correct" than any other, so you might have to wait for someone to chime in who's used them. Hope this helps.

Doug
    67 Electra 225 Convertible
    BCA# 43125

bebopalula Guest

Smile

Thanks Doug, for the info and links. Old Buick Parts lists as Apple Green. Classic Buick lists as Pale Green. Good place to start from. Thanks!

harrythehun Guest

Smile

You can also order the paint from prp-porstore.com They have the green for your vintage of Buick [img]graemlins/hurray.gif[/img]

Por-15 Sells an Entire kit www.por15.com for $40 Dollars. It included Engine Cleaner, Metal Etcher,
    a Base Coat and a High Temp Engine Enamel, The Correct Buick Green 53-65. Brushes , Gloves, Solvent, and Face Mask. A complete package. Some Suppliers/Vendors have the Correct Paint for about 20 Bucks, then You have to buy all the other necessary components the degreaser, the etcher the primer etc. They you have to be a Chemest to find out if all the materials are compatable. Then You Might be Paying Extra Douch for Extra Material You are not going to use.
    If you buy the ket you have everything you need.
    I have used some of their products the Fuel Tank Resturation Kit and the Tank turned out far better than i ever expected and the price was less than finding a radiator shop that would boil it out and then seal it. it was half the cost. You do have to strictly follow the Instructions. Their Delivery Service is Fast . They are based out of NJ. I called on a monday at 9 AM and UPS was Delivering the Product on Tuesday at 3:30 PM This POR 15 stuff is like Liquid Steel. when I did the Fuel Tank Project, some POR 15 Product overflowed into the Screw Holes for the Sending Unit. when I went to Install the Sending Unit, the Screws would not Tread into the Holes and I had to Re-Tap them to set the screws. You can hit this stuff with a hammer, the metal might bend or kink, but the POR-15 Material does not chip, crack or flake when correctly applied adhearing it the instruction the product bonds like being welded or galvanized.

Tom Gallagher [img]graemlins/beers.gif[/img]
    Thanking YOU, for YOUR Valued Cooperation and Experience in This Matter.

NOSTALGIA Is A DEVICE That REMOVES The RUTS and POTHOLES From MEMORY LANE.
    Tom Gallagher (BUICK BANSHEE)
    1956 Buick Special 2 Door H/Top 46R: Red & White
    Darlington Station, RI. 02861