From the Reference Section:
- Auto Refinishing, featuring Brian Martin
- Body Cross Reference,A,B,C...
- 1967 Hood Scoop Installation Pattern

Thread: PPG Delta paints?

jnorth Guest

Recently I was at a swap meet and pick up 2 gallons of PPG Delta paint. One is dark green and the other is a gold metallic. Is was only $25 for both gallons so I figured it must be good for something. I was thinking about painting my 71 Buick Skylark Conververtible with the green. It is a weekend driver and will not be getting a resto for a few more years. I am thinking that I could use this paint to practice painting with on the Skylark. In the future when it is restored I will be doing it all over again but it looks like junk now and could really use a cheap paint job. What do you think? BTW I am in the middle of restoring another car at the moment which is why this one has to wait (plus I like driving it on the weekends).

------------------
    Jim North
    1971 Skylark Convertible
    1971 Chevelle Convertible
    My lame website

Wink

I don't see a reason to paint a car such as that a color "just because I got a good deal" on the paint. Delta is great stuff, but first of all a single stage metallic is the WORST. It is VERY difficult for even the experianced painter to shoot. I assume it is single stage, there is a Delta bc/cc also though.

You also don't have any idea if this product is good, it may have been made wrong and the guy sold it instead of dumping it!

If I went through all the work (and I mean WORK) that it takes to paint a car, I am going to use products that I know will work.

I say go by a body shop that has a waste barrel and pour it in, chauk up the $25.00 loss to experiance.

------------------
    Life long Buick fan,
    1965 Gran Sport Conv.
    1965 Skylark H/T
    1948 Chevy P.U. with 401 in it.

jnorth Guest

Ok then nevermind!!!!

------------------
    Jim North
    1971 Skylark Convertible
    1971 Chevelle Convertible
    My lame website