Wahey

I have two Buick electras 4 doors.

One is a low milage only 19k miles 1972 survivor from Texas. It is a really neat car, rattle free, tight as a hen's ****. Interior is totally fine. Everything works but for the windscreen washer pump and the AC needs a freon charge.
Its paint is rough, pitted. Not nice. But otherwise no rot whatsoever, the underside is totally preserved, the skirts are beautiful, the chrome is straight and pit free. This car seems a nice paint job away from a pristine survivor and possible show winner, although I am not really looking for that, it is my own enjoyment of the cars that is most important to me. Financially this would probably make more sense, as the car would actually be worth something (although I am not looking to make a profit)

Now the other one. A 1973 270k miles high milage car from Texas, with a lot of repairs done over the years, including different cloth on the front seats, new cylinder heads, radiator, tranny rebuilt etc. The paint is rough, fried by the Texas sun. The window and door rubbers are fried too. The car is covered in little dings and there is one dent in the rear quarter panel where it hit a curb. It has some minor problems like a steering fluid leak, mild oil leak, and the interior is coming apart with various cracks in the dash, the headliner is shot, there are tears in the seams of the rear seats, it needs a new vinyl top etc.

Painting/restoring the second car seems less smart as no matter what I do it will never be a fresh car like #1, and no matter how much I spend on it it will continue to be a high milage car waiting for the next repair job to announce itself.

Right???

Problem, I like the second car better. Its colours are nicer, burgundy outside, light tan inside, whereas the #1 is light green out and dark green in (and then it all becomes very very green) it has the 44/55 split front seat, whereas the othre one has the front bench witout the arm rest, the buttons for the windows are within easier reach on the door panel of the older car, etc. A bit like a fellow preferring his older wife over his younger mistress when push comes to shove I guess.

I guess I should keep 'em both and restore 'em both .... Or dump the old ***** and run off with the younger one... decision, decisions.....

Dolle Dolf