Hi guys! Alan Faircloth, a well-known vendor of GS and GN reproduction parts, is taking pre-orders for 70-72 GS/Skylark coolant overflow tanks. He has posted the details on another board, and I am going to copy his post into this thread, with his permission. I have a copy of his pre-order form that I can email to anyone who requests. Email me at dave.gramlow@horvick.com

David Gramlow

Here goes:

Reproduction Coolant Reservoirs
The time has come for us to make a final decision regarding the completion of this project. We have final production cost figures and must act within the time period for which they are good. Based upon my experience with the reproduction 1970 GS Skylark tail light lenses and the number of people expressing interest in purchasing coolant reservoirs (i.e., the quantity that will likely sell), here are the terms under which I am able to reproduce the Coolant Reservoirs that will fit the 70-72 Buick Skylark and GS models.

I am reproducing these ONLY in the EXACT amount ordered. In final discussions with the manufacturer this morning, they have revised their quantity requirements due to the time and effort required to make different pieces (Reservoir, Lid, and O ring). The manufacturer is now requiring a minimum order of 200 reservoirs or they will not even do the project. This is the number that will allow them to fully recover their costs and give them a small profit for their efforts. If the economy were not so bad right now, they would no do this project at all. Of the 200 required reservoirs, I will buy 25 to sell on ebay or through other channels. That means I must have firm, paid orders for 175 reservoirs. No additional reservoirs beyond the greater of 200 or the amount actually ordered will be produced. Because of the manufacturers quantity requirements, I cannot guarantee when and if any more will be produced.

Price – The price for a coolant reservoir will be $195.00. This price includes the reservoir, black lid and an “o” ring to seal the lid to the reservoir. I will try to have clear lids also made, but NO PROMISES. You should order ONLY if a black lid is acceptable.

Payment – Full payment for the reservoir is required up front. This is because the manufacturer is requiring us to pay the full $35,000 production costs up front.

Production – I have been told that production will require 20 weeks. I am going to tell you 24 because my experience is that there’s always some sort of a delay.

Quality – The reservoir is being produced “as close as possible” to an original NOS version. Here is the Manufacturer’s own words regarding what “as close as possible” means and how close to the originals these reproduction reservoirs will be. I offer NO GUARANTEES that this part will be EXACTLY like an NOS reservoir.

"As close as possible" means that our systems will create blended radii and surfaces differently than another system. Depending on the software they will vary. To the untrained eye it will likely not be noticeable. To someone who works in CAD or QC at GM, they MAY notice a difference. These variations would be in the range of +/- 0.015": not a serious issue in my estimation. I just wanted you to know the parts would PROBABLY not pass muster in a GM QC inspection.

Refunds – NO refunds unless the project does not materialize. If you order and pay for a reservoir, you will receive a reservoir. You will receive a full refund ONLY if a reservoir is not produced. NO EXCEPTIONS! We will know on June 1, 2003 whether production will proceed based on the number of orders received.

Deadline – Orders (and payment) must be received NO LATER THAN May 31, 2003. No orders will be considered after that date because a final decision regarding production will be made on June 1.

I will be at the Nationals with flyers setting forth these terms and which can be used to sign up, or I can email you a form to return by mail or fax.

To reach me by email, use alan@carmotorsports.com

Thanks,

Alan

678-431-1408
67 GS 455
67 Skylark Convertible
67 Riviera GS
86 Buick T-Type