Thread: Hallo, from Germany

Hallo, from Germany

Hi Guys,
    my Name is Frank and Im a Custom Car & Bike Builder from Karlsruhe Germany.
    I have my own Shop "Frankenstyle-Custom" since 2012, but i have built Cars before since 1998.
    I like that classic Custom, Hot Rod, and Lowrider Style, stock Cars are boring to me because anybody can build them.
    Hope to find some Buick Gear Heads here with Knowledge abaout 50Ā“s and 60Ā“s BuickĀ“s.
    Cheers.

check out a Rover v8 board like www.BritishV8.org

they like to take Buick 300ci cranks and use them to stroke their engines. the Buick 215ci / Rover 3.5L being the first generation Buick small block, the main difference with the 300ci is the cast iron block and taller deck height.

the AACA board is also a good place to look.

http://www.aluminumv8.com/
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

Thanks for your hint Bob.

I still wonder why nobody makes a reproductuion of those rare Parts, so many People need them.
    Same Problem is with old Cadillac Engines.
    In future I will directly swap to Chevy Engines, like every Customizer does, everything else is a hassle.
    No CAR before MOPAR!

i think there's parts for the Caddy 500 / 472. for the other Caddy stuff, yeah, not so much.

having the same spacing as the Rover v8, it is possible to use Rover intakes with spacer plates but most people think the Rover runners are too narrow to feed the 300ci.

so many People need them.

there are SOME.

but even among Buick fans, the 300ci is a low production engine with little availability. it was only in production from 1964-1967 and 1966-67 production was split with the 340ci ... which has an even taller deck height. so you can't use those intakes either.

some people have started to notice that you can take a Buick 350ci or 340ci crank and swap it into a 300ci block, which gives you a 340ci displacement engine with the 300s lower deck height and CG. there's a Hot Rod magazine article which covers this.

Rover v8s ( ie - metric 215ci variants ) were in production until 2004, so there has been a lot of interest maintained in the English manufacturing and hot rodding community from that end.

the major aftermarket American supplier for Buick is www.TAPerformance.com. they don't have any aftermarket 300 intakes, but they might have some old 4 barrels sitting around.

D&D ( that AluminumV8 i linked last post ) does a lot of Buick 215 / Rover building and they are even more likely to have a stock of Buick 4 barrel intakes.

i believe both of those companies will ship over seas.
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

Thanks again Bob,

I have written to any classic car junkyard and Buick source I could find on the Internet.
    Only one old guy told me he has one, but heĀ“s injured and very faithless, I donĀ“t think we make a deal.
    Are there some Kind of part scoutĀ“s in the states that could help me find rare parts?
    I have a shipping address in California, it donĀ“t have to be shipped Overseas .

The Buick 300 engine might be an low production engine, but is very popular in the Hot-Rod Scene,
    because itĀ“s light, small, and strong, many guys customize them with modified SBC parts.
    Big Engines are not ever the best choice on that fuel Price today, and Cruisers donĀ“t need more than 250-300hp to make fun,
    only peformance Freaks need those big engines over 350cui to be happy.
    On Custom cars and lowriders perfect style and unique modifications are more important than horse power, but yeah we are slowly getting dinosaurs with that attitude.
    No CAR before MOPAR!