Thread: Helloooo from Canada!

Helloooo from Canada!

Greetings all,

My name is Chris, and I have a 1965 Wildcat Custom Coupe. I have had it only two years, so it is still new to me!!
    In great shape, the goals for this summer are new rims and paint, which is what led me here. I'm looking for info on what size Cragar
    rims everyone shoves under Wildcats, because the stock rims look a little small!
    And info or tread links would be awesome, and I'm super excited to be a part of the forum!

is Canuckistan still buried in snow?

sorry i don't have any specifics on your rim sizes.
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

Fellow Wildcat owner in Montreal

Hey Chris,

Glad to see another Wildcat owner from Montreal! They are in pretty short supply around here. I'm located in the NDG area at Sherbrooke and Draper ave. I'm relatively new to older Buicks and it's been a bit of a steep learning curve. I recently purchased a '68 Wildcat Custom 2 Dr. (In Alberta) to swap my interior over as mine is a base 2 Dr. I spent the last year and a half gathering all the parts needed to go with Black bucket seat +console interior. Hope to connect soon!

Gary, 1968 2 Dr. wildcat

oof da.

Alberta is a bit of a hike from Montreal.
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Couldn't pass it up

Bob, It's 3 to 4 days driving and northern Ontario will crush your soul! There's even a song about it "Rocks and trees, trees and rocks" My Wildcat is a basic 2 Dr. with a beige vinyl bench interior. I had the parts car towed to my buddies house and when the snow melts, I will take the van and drive out with my tools and remove the black Custom interior.

Salt in the winter here makes short work of any car older than 2000. I already have the bucket seats (re-upholstered) and console, but needed the door cards and the back seat with the speaker in the middle. There is almost nothing available repro for that year Wildcat so If you're going to restore one north of the 49th parallel, your going to have to put the miles on to get parts.

Gary

Gary, if you're going that far you may as well have one of your snowbird friends who vacations in central TX to California find you a rust free car.

you can find cars that are pretty rust free in the South East BUT you have to make sure they didn't spend any time near a beach.

i ain't even joking. you'll get a lot more value for your money.
    Vladimir Lenin

My car is also from Alberta has original paint and is virtually rust free. From the parts car I only need the interior. Even the dash pad is perfect. I will also grab the carb as a spare etc. Sheet metal is better down south, but most cars have sun baked interiors and the interior is my main goal. And I can leave it at my buddies acreage as long as i want. Not to mention no Duty, taxes and exchange rate.
    Last edited by 68 wildcat; 03-28-2019 at 06:14 AM.

My car is also from Alberta has original paint and is virtually rust free.

amazing. must have been a "summer only" car. good catch.
    Vladimir Lenin

Glad I'm not alone!

Hi Gary,

Sounds like a fun project! Unfortunately for me the interior is immaculate but the exterior needs work, so I don't actually get to work on it, just to spend money. It's long overdue for a paint job which and needs that bumper I'm still looking for. They are certainly rare beasts! I know someone who is holding onto a 67 or 68, if he ever let's it go I'll let you know!

Hi Chris, mine needs paint as well as it's kinda brown. I had the front and back glass removed and did get the top repainted the original White as I had a water leak and didn't want the floor pan to rust out.. The bottom half is still the original paint which isn't to great being 51 years old. With the parts car in Alberta, I should have everything I need to finish the car. I will end up with some spares if your buddy decides to go ahead fixing his 67-68 Wildcat.

Gary