Thread: Can't breathe, no power

Can't breathe, no power

I live at 6000 above sea level, own a 70 GS 455, mild KB cam, 750 vac Holley, Edelbrock intake, headers. Wondering if anyone might live this high and has gone to EFI. priced it at 3500$, would it be worth it?

I drive a 5800 ft summit fairly regularly with a '67 GS 400. I have no problems, so I would have to say no

I plan on swapping in a 455 this spring, I will let you know if it makes a difference...

I would suggest that rather than investing in an efi, you could take it to a good tuner with a chassis dyno and let him play with it for a day or what ever he needs. It will probably be a better investment than an efi even though it may drill a big hole in a thousand bucks.

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Or, take it to a "Test and Tune" day at your local dragway armed with your timing light and a jet kit for your carb. It would be more fun and less expensive then your tuner.
    Steve B.

67 GS 525 Buick Stage IV
    66 GS Convertible
    65 GS HT
    63 Riv
    02 Subaru WRX Turbo
    03 Ford Cobra Convertible (Factory Supercharged)

Living with it

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Frankenbuick View Post
    Or, take it to a "Test and Tune" day at your local dragway armed with your timing light and a jet kit for your carb. It would be more fun and less expensive then your tuner.
    Actually I've lived here for over 10 yrs. I kinda told myself if I want they way it was move back to Ks. Right now I have it jetted very lean for mph and getting away from that rich smell.
    Dang it! Still like to find a person who did go with EFI to ask was it worth it.

Efi

Well while mine is a LITTLE different, I like my EFI. I have 1950 Straight Eight. Changed to EFI 7 years and 15000 miles go. Was it worth it? Not financially. Never save the money. But driveability and dependability? You betcha. Considerable less than you quote.

Ben