Thread: Mew member from Qatar

New member from Qatar

hey guys, my name is Joseph and i live in Qatar. though i have owned a few classic muscle cars (ford,Plymouth,Pontiac) i have never owned a buick. anyways recently one of them popped up and just need your advice on the car. Its a 1966 Buick Skylark GS with a 401 nail-head engine and a SP400 trans. in very good condition... how much would the approximate worth of the car be?and are parts for the 401 nail-head and sp400 trans easy to find?is there a website i can refer too ?

Thank you,
    Last edited by josephqatarcarguy; 10-15-2018 at 06:45 PM.

A '66 Skylark GS is a desirable car, but who knows what it is worth in Qatar! In the States, I would suggest described in good condition it would probably be worth $15,000 to $30,000.

Check out this: https://www.hagerty.com/apps/valuati...ark_gran_sport

Drive train parts are readily available through Centerville auto, Egge, Kanter, Ebay, and others.

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Thanks mate , what about 401 nailhead heads ? Also the transmission is a sp 400 , are rebuild/shift kits available for this trans ?is it the same as a th400?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    A '66 Skylark GS is a desirable car, but who knows what it is worth in Qatar! In the States, I would suggest described in good condition it would probably be worth $15,000 to $30,000.

Check out this: https://www.hagerty.com/apps/valuati...ark_gran_sport

Drive train parts are readily available through Centerville auto, Egge, Kanter, Ebay, and others.

The SP400 and the TH 400 use the same rebuild kit. The differences are all related to the SP converter.

Everything is available for the 401 heads, FALCON is a good seller from ebay:

Buick 401/425 Head Rebuild Kit

WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Perfect, thanks again mate.

This a link to the car from when he bought it from the U.S

http://www.2040-cars.com/buick/skyla...ark-gs-536738/

Does it look good?how much would you pay for it if it was in the same condition?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    The SP400 and the TH 400 use the same rebuild kit. The differences are all related to the SP converter.

Everything is available for the 401 heads, FALCON is a good seller from ebay:

Buick 401/425 Head Rebuild Kit