Thread: 'Correct' radiator & Heater Hose clamps - 85 LeSabre w/307 O__s engine

'Correct' radiator & Heater Hose clamps - 85 LeSabre w/307 O__s engine

Yeah, just had a hard time typing Olds....

I am showing this car in BCA events and would like to know what type of hose clamps are used in all positions - Tower?? Compression??? Screw??? My dealer 'says' screw type in black BUT I'm sure that this could be because another type is discontinued.

Here's where it gets tough; I not only need the information but I need the source. I would believe this information would be found in the Factory Assembly Manual but I've never seen one and have NO IDEA where I would find one. I have searched the Shop Manual and the Fisher Body manual and can't find a clear picture of the type of clamp used.

This is 5 points I really need!!!

Help!

The Buick Parts and Illustration Catalog 44W shows radiator hose clamp is a 22518666, heater hose clamp is 22518665. Both are hex-head worm drive type. Could not find documentation of material type/finish. These were used in other locations on the vehicle as well. All other GM divisions used them in that time period too.

The final version of Catalog 44W dated 6/91 is available on line at www.gmpartswiki.com
    I have the 9/84 version which would have been current during the '85 production year. The clamp numbers are the same as in the 6/91 version. That one is on microfiche, and I don't have a way to capture the image. Attached are images of the 1982 paper version cover for reference and the 1991 group 1.166 page from gmpartswiki.

These parts were being updated with new numbers every few years. I don't have the details of the revisions. They stayed in group 1.166 for radiator and heater hose clamps. Some similar hose clamps are considered standard GM parts under group 8.948. These clamps were mostly changing from plated to stainless steel gradually in the '80s as shown in versions of the GM Standard Parts Catalog 89.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    What has been, can be again. (Bob Wills, 1942)

Quote Originally Posted by TODD View Post
    The Buick Parts and Illustration Catalog 44W shows radiator hose clamp is a 22518666, heater hose clamp is 22518665. Both are hex-head worm drive type. Could not find documentation of material type/finish. These were used in other locations on the vehicle as well. All other GM divisions used them in that time period too.

The final version of Catalog 44W dated 6/91 is available on line at www.gmpartswiki.com
    I have the 9/84 version which would have been current during the '85 production year. The clamp numbers are the same as in the 6/91 version. That one is on microfiche, and I don't have a way to capture the image. Attached are images of the 1982 paper version cover for reference and the 1991 group 1.166 page from gmpartswiki.

These parts were being updated with new numbers every few years. I don't have the details of the revisions. They stayed in group 1.166 for radiator and heater hose clamps. Some similar hose clamps are considered standard GM parts under group 8.948. These clamps were mostly changing from plated to stainless steel gradually in the '80s as shown in versions of the GM Standard Parts Catalog 89.
    Thanks so much for this information!!!!