Thread: It's a Marvel!?

It's a Marvel!?

I've seen this mentioned before but it may be worth a thread or two. Have any of you used Marvel Mystery Oil before, if so what were your experiences? Also, it's color and consistency reminds me of the little bottles of red oil that the Aurora HO slot cars marketed as (I think) 'Racing Lube' for their slot cars and I wonder if it's the same stuff. Anyone know?

like WD-40, i've never heard anything bad about it.
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

Forty plus years ago, a friend of mine and I went halves on a 1952 Special. After we got it to my house, we discovered that someone had removed the oil filter unit. My dad, who had had a '50 Super for many years and had put my '52 Super (my granddaddy's car) back on the road for me, said that we needed to put a oil filter on it. I had an extra one and installed it. There was a loud tapping sound, which dad said was a stuck lifter. He told us to get a quart of Marvel Mystery Oil and put it in. My friend and I were both skeptical, but did as he said. We stood there in awe as the tapping gradually went away.

Yes, MMO is great stuff! Almost smells good enough to drink (but please don't!).